Titanic personals

Feb 14, 2011
Isnt it odd how most Titanic buffs in reltionships are usually involved with someone who does not share their Titanic obsession. Any couples here who date someone who's Titanic obsession matches your own?
With all the single Titanic buffs in the world,who often lament that there are few others who can understand their Titanic obsession, im very surprised there is no "Titanic singles" network out there.
But then again, dating a fellow Titanic buff might have its drawbacks- youll both reach for that rare Titanic book on the used bookstore shelf- would it foster jeaoulsy and competition?
What if you broke up- who gets the Titanic collection?

regards

Tarn Stephanos

Apr 11, 2001
Tarn- have MANY times remarked on just this phenomenon. I know of several divorces due to one spouse's obsession with Titanic. Alas, although I have a sea-going Navy spouse of 32 years- passenger liners leave him COLD. He does build the odd liner model for me so I guess I may keep him a while longer. I have met only one couple in 25 years of Titanica who shared their interest in the ship- they are delightful. I would settle for tolerance!

Nov 22, 2000
Hi Shelley, Yes, weird isn't it? Mrs. W. and I have also been married for 32 years - co-incidence or what!! I'm not really married to you am I? I'm just so muddled!

Geoff

Mar 3, 1998
Personally speaking, I find that anyone who devotes so much energy to doomed oceanliners, especially one that sank almost a century ago, to be more than a little odd. There's no way that I could be married to someone like that. I learned this the hard way...my first marriage began on the Queen Mary and went downhill from there. I am much happier now with a woman who is well grounded and not so prone to drifting with the currents.

Titanic enthusiasts...strang e people. It's best not to get too attached to one. Just give them a room with a computer and a charge account and let them do their own thing without too many interruptions. Allowing real world problems to intrude upon their "reality" only breaks their train of thought.

Parks

Apr 11, 2001
Geoff- Winsome Curly-Locks-I am sure if it were unforgettable YOU facing me over the cornflakes every morning, I should remember. Parks, you aren't saying that I am drifty, surely? No- of course NOT. One can have other co-existing normal interests you see..like axe murderesses and zeppelins, abdicating monarchs and crocheting nightcaps! I won't even mention MY husband who labors every evening all winter tying feathers into insects to catch trout he plans to throw back anyway after spending $3,000 dollars to have a pontoon plane drop him in deepest Labrador to catch them. Also not mentioning the dozens of WWII airplanes hovering over my head as I type. One must have a grand and endless sense of humor packed for the voyage of matrimony. Alas-most have none.

Feb 14, 2011
But then again, Trekkers seem to pair off with ease..
A few years ago I read about a couple whos wedding was done with a Klingon theme....

That would be interesting....

regards

Tarn Stephanos

Pat Winship

May 8, 2001
My husband and son both share the Titanic interest with me, accompany me to all Titanic related events, and assist in research.

And as for the Klingon_themed wedding, has anyone thought to do a Betazoid one?

Pat W

May 12, 2005
It may be a cliche but opposites attract. Maybe that's why those with the same interests don't "mesh" as well or last long - generally speaking, that is. Pat's marriage seems a wonderful exception!

Also, (and this is just my personal opinion) I find that not many Titanic or liner guys are all that interesting or appealing (there are notable exceptions, of course). Beyond that, there's also a tad bit of the "I'm the boss" mentality among researchers and a generally suspicious attitude regarding projects which wouldn't aid the dating game.

On the other hand, the ladies in this community have lots of personality and style and good looks. Which is why so few of them are single!!!

Another word: Several in this little world of ours would be much aided in the dating department by watching the TV show "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy." There's nothing wrong with having your clothes match and it's not an assault on your masculinity to know how to decorate your house. In fairness, some of Dorothy's pals could benefit from that show-in-the-making, "Straight Plan for the Gay Man." It's a good thing to know how to change the oil in your car, and going fishing or bowling can be fun, if only to challenge yourself on what to wear!

Brian Meister

Mar 1, 2001
Randy and All,

Just the thought of a Klingon wedding!
But then again, I seem to remember one
couple getting married in a sub at the
Titanic. Oh well.
And you're right to say that everyone
could and should spice up and spruce up,
but perhaps for themselves rather than
just a mate. After all, good self esteem
makes for a good relationship. I also think
that some of these people who dispense
advice on these shows should take a lesson
from themselves; I am not sure many of us
would want to adopt Carson's exact taste!
By the way, a public congratulations for
the work on the article you sent me from
your newspaper about the Titanic connection
in Texas. Nice job.
Well, off to clean my garage! Now...what
to wear?

Brian

Brian

May 12, 2005
Brian:

You're too right about Carson! And wasn't there another show where a guy-girl team did "make-overs" for people? Yet the guy had this awful, stringy hair (he looked like an '80s rock band reject). I thought, "Who is THIS to tell somebody what to look like?"

You're welcome for the article. And good luck on the garage clean up. What to wear? Hmmm....Something in flannel, maybe?

Randy

Feb 14, 2011
A Klingon wedding might be rough, as youd have to eat Gagghhh, eat the heart of a torg, drink firewine and other substances that would turn the human digestive track into jelly..
Id be keen to have a Borg wedding...
But then again, Id have to assimilate everyone...

regards

tarn