Titanic personals

Tracy Smith

Apr 20, 2012
South Carolina USA
Randy said:

On the other hand, the ladies in this community have lots of personality and style and good looks. Which is why so few of them are single!!!

Well, I am the first, but I miss the boat on the second two, so I guess that's why I AM still single.
sad.gif

R

Regina Arlene Wilson

There are other female members, such as myself, who are friendly and single...AGAIN. Just hope I don't hook up (relationship wise) with a distant relative as I believe I'm a descendant of Jacques Futrelle.

So where are the good guys????

LOL
Regi

Jun 18, 2007
"Well, I am the first, but I miss the boat on the second two, so I guess that's why I AM still single"

Hmm, try having none of the qualities mentioned in regards to the women around here, and throw in the fact that there's a certain amount of uncertainty that I'm even female, and I've got you beat, Tracy! Ha, got y'all beat!!!!! Over the rim, baby, in da hoop...woot!!!!!! :D

And if you think having an interest in the Titanic and trying to find someone who shares it, or at least does more than tolerate it, is oh-so-difficulty-indeedy, try having not only that interest, but almost equally strong interests in such things as Star Wars!!! Because you'd be surprised how many fanboys get tetchy when a chick knows just as much, if not more, about the saga than some of them do. And has strong opinions, and wanted to play Jedi rather than be Princess Leia (I don't look good in slave bikinis or cinammon buns)...I never thought I'd see so many misogynists among SW fanboys, let's put it that way. I actually saw more acceptance of female fans in the Star Trek community (based off my limited experience, anyway).

As for where are the good guys, they're all either dead or fictional. Or possessed, and stuck on a three-year waiting list to be exorcised...

Kyrila Scully

Apr 15, 2001
South Florida
Well, I think I have style, personality and good looks (my daughter would disagree, but she's a teenager so she's inclined to feel that way about mom!) and I'm a great cook and love to give and receive massages, so why am I still single? LOL

Kyrila

Jun 18, 2007
"Because you tend to think for yourself, Kyrila? That tends to scare some chaps off"

SOME? Try roughly half the population of the Earth, not to mention about 20,000 Moon Men, and that would be a more accurate estimate.

Because there's just something about standing up for yourself rather than waiting for Ye Olde White Knight to come charging in and save the day that scares a lot of guys. And the funny thing is, they could otherwise be called modern, progressive, enlightened, etc. Not to mention if you have the temerity to speak your mind...and live unconventionally...of course, that scares a lot of people, male, female, and in between.

Feb 14, 2011
I am a huge Star wars fan..If I can find a woman that looks just like Bib Fortuna, ill be set for life...

regards

Tarn Stephanos

..waiting impatiently for Star wars Episode 3.....

Paul Rogers

Nov 30, 2000
West Sussex, UK
I'm overweight, rapidly losing what little hair I have and possess a solitary personality. I can't cook anything - apart for huge fried breakfasts and steak, my "style" is old-rocker and I am, frankly, prone to procrastination. I am also not rich!

How the h*ll did I manage to catch an intelligent, humorous and attractive partner, and stay married for 16 years?! One thing I know: I'll continue to count my blessings and work blooming hard to keep her!

Regards,
Paul.

Jun 18, 2007
"I am a huge Star wars fan..If I can find a woman that looks just like Bib Fortuna, ill be set for life"

Now, that's setting your standards too low...try for a woman who looks like Yaddle, that's the epitome of all that is beauty. ;) (Because wanting Taun We, that's just asking TOO much, y'know?)

As for me...mine heart do pine most dearly for the long-necked Jedi Master that is Yarael Poof...something about that swaying action...hawt. :p

Lee Gilliland

Feb 14, 2003
Star Trek weddings are all over the place, folks. As I'm the granddaughter of one science fiction writer and the wife of another, I know a lot of sf/Trek/Star Wars/you name it fans, and a huge number of them tend to wind up marrying each other. I would estimate that at least 1/3 of SF fandom is married to a fellow fan. At the World Science Fiction Convention in Toronto this past year, they gave over the auditorium all afternoon to perform something like 20 gay marriages in a row.

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>You didn't seem scared of me in South Carolina, Michael! :) <<

I wasn't. Now if a trail of lethal weapons had kept falling out of your clothing going into that restaurant for the dinner, I'd have been concerned.

Feb 14, 2011
Well that does it!
There should be a "Titanic singles cruise".
They have Trekker and Babylon 5 singles gatherings, so why not Titanic buff singles gatherings?
Ever hear of the 8 minute dating phenomenon? You sit with a dozen or so prospective dates, and have only 8 minutes to talk with each one- then at the end pick the one you like...You could talk with a dozen single Titanic buffs and find your soul mate!
And in the heat of passion,pillow talk could consist of melodic discussion of the rigging configuration of funnel # 3, or the "Mystery box" spotted on A deck under the bridge....
I get hot under the collar just thinking of boiler room # 5!!

regards

Tarn Stephanos

Kah Plah!

Kyrila Scully

Apr 15, 2001
South Florida
Tarn, you started this thread almost three years ago, and nobody's actually organized anything for Titanic singles. However, I know some women who attend DeppCon who are also into Titanic. You might find some singles there. Or maybe I can get G. Michael Harris to sponsor a singles night at the TSOD in Orlando! Why not? They have weddings there.... Or perhaps we are all set in our ways and function better without a partner. I know I do! But then you never know when that guy will come along who will tolerate your right brain artistic nature and clean house when you'd rather write that Great American Novel, and reap the "benefits" of your obsession with a certain actor, or tag along when you want to run off to film a documentary and hold your purse while you set up camera angles. As for Star Trek, I prefer the original cast - maybe because I worked with them when I was much younger. So Tarn, have you heard that there's something to be said for the older woman? LOL

Soon to be sailing off to Europe...
Kyrila

Kyrila Scully

Apr 15, 2001
South Florida
"But then you never know when that guy will come along who will tolerate your right brain artistic nature and clean house when you'd rather write that Great American Novel"

Or, like Bob, won't mind a dirty house in the least! (Bob, I know you're lurking out there!)

Kyrila

J

Jaime Croft

Titanic pillow talk...oh my! Unfortunately, my new groom would not be so appreciative. Perhaps what I need to do is leave copy of the Illustrated History on his night table and ask him to brush up. He has no idea what reaction he might get out of indulging my interest...

Titanic singles...still an interesting idea...even if not for me personally anymore.

robin ayotte

Nov 17, 2002
titanic singles now that would be fun lol you would definately have something to talk about not like other blind dates

Jul 11, 2001
I once thought dating a Titanic historian would be a great idea, but that can be like saying two baseball fans would be great matches too. Just get a Red sox fan with a Yankees fan and you'll see the fur fly. Likewise for Titanic Pro-salvage and anti-salvage people. Not to say that I'm not hopeful.
happy.gif

While we are all passionate about various things like Titanic, we should all remember to be tolerant of everyones ideas. Lord knows I've put my foot in my mouth a few times without prior thought. And my sincere apology to anyone that may have taken offence to anything I have said before. Perhaps being single we often get too fixed in our ways and opinions. Live and learn folks, live and learn. Someday I hope to not only have a spell check on my computer, but a reality check! He he he.