Titanic personals

Feb 9, 2008
Hello all... fairly new here so I'll duck in quietly...

I am with George on this one - I have never really had any problems with my Titanic interest in conjunction with relationships. Actually, I'd say I've had a harder time with it when it comes to friendships. Middle to high school found me in the throes of Cameron's Titanic and, having attended an all-girls school, the only thing discussed "Titanic-related" was how good looking Leo was.... *eyeroll* Once college rolled around the hype from Cameron's Titanic had been pretty well gone and it was very rare to come across anyone that would want to talk seriously about Titanic at all. Thank goodness for the internet...

As for romantic relationships - most of my boyfriends have been pretty understanding of it and one or two have actually listened to me ramble on about a particularly interesting piece of information I've come across in my usually dorky, excited manner. I even got my current boyfriend to see the Titanic exhibit in Orlando with me a couple weeks ago and he actually seemed to enjoy it.

Question... I was thinking as I was reading through these posts, does anyone think gender and a "Titanic relationship" might be related somewhat? In other words, do you think it's easier (in most cases) for a woman Titanic buff to integrate her interest of Titanic into a romantic relationship over a male Titanic buff? Or vice versa? Just a thought...

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>do you think it's easier (in most cases) for a woman Titanic buff to integrate her interest of Titanic into a romantic relationship over a male Titanic buff<<

Hard to say. The problem here is that what's easy for one person isn't so easy for another and I strongly doubt gender enters into it. Titanic "buffs" are seen as something of a strange lot anyway but it really all boils down to whether or not you and a boyfriend share the same interests in the first place.

M

Matt Pereira

Theres some women out there that just are ones you need to stay away from and one of those would be the ones that dont want you saying a word about any of your interest or placing restrictions on what interest you cant talk about with her. That is what hurt relationships easily in my opinion.

M

Matt Pereira

Joshua, not 23 yet here but to me December isn't that far away always passes me by quickly for some reason lol

Tom McLeod

Sep 1, 2005
I even went so far as to name my cat Harland:

A: Because I thought it is a nice name, different.

B: The plan was people would ask about the name and then I could force my Titanic knowledge on them. Hasn't worked a bit. I've met one person who really likes Titanic, dating wise, everyone else not really. Their loss.

May 27, 2007
I almost named my (well my daughter's) new kitten Jenny but called her Spook instead cause Jenny the cat was spooked and that's why she left the ship.

Tom McLeod

Sep 1, 2005
That's a nice story George, best to you and your family, both two legged and four! I was thinking of getting one more cat at some point and naming him Wolfe. That would be the kicker for me, to call out to them, Harland and Wolfe it's dinner time! They are both cool names really. If anyone ever picked up on such calls I'd be in love or depending on the person, impressed. (Blush) on the whole subject!

May 27, 2007
quote:

If anyone ever picked up on such calls I'd be in love or depending on the person, impressed. (Blush) on the whole subject!
Blush indeed. I really never hoped a girl would be a Titanic buff when I met her. My girlfriend I was seeing when Titanic came out loved Titanic because of the movie. Most of my Ladies were enthused that I was into Titanic or History they'd say "George your really smart," or be telling me about their interests in the same subjects.​

James Tierney

Aug 25, 2008
I never was really interest in Titanic, cause back then I was interested in the Triangle Shirtwaist factory Fire. But I took in interest in Titanic after I read about it. So now I like Titanic alot,

May 27, 2007
quote:

Triangle Shirtwaist factory Fire
Ahhh I'm some what interested in this after seeing a film about the fire made in the 50's by a union I believe?

Jim Kalafus knows a lot about the fire though and has talked about it on this board. Do a search on Triangle Shirtwaist factory Fire and see what info you dig up. I think he discussed some books on the subject although I could be mistaken.​

Sep 22, 2008
'Lo all! Excuse me while the new girl quietly slips and hopes to be... well, noticed somewhat, but not brutally.

I'm just going to honestly say that, since I have many other strange interests (Anime, Video Games, the Holocaust, Wiccan, etc.), Titanic is not on the top of my lists for something that turned a guy off in seeing me.

Though one of them did get remotely freaked out over my knowledge of some of the passengers...

But hey, I'm only nineteen. Can't say that I've meet far too many people in general!

jamie hague

Sep 24, 2008
Hi everyone! I'm Jamie (male) from The Netherlands. I'm especially interested in the French bulldog aboard Titanic but also general Titanica. Give me a message

Chad Goodwin

Aug 2, 2006
The Titanic never hurt a relationship......but the vintage clothing....the mannequins.....the vintage Barbie.....now that hurt several

Nov 9, 2008
Matthew: I'm from Michigan too, and on the younger side too.
I'm 22 and I like Titanic, Civil War (mostly military history in general), and watching random ship shows. I also love/watch Ghost Hunters. Yep not many guys interested in a girl that’s into that stuff.

Matthew Farr

Apr 14, 2010
Lansing, Michigan, United States
Hello Courtney!

I have not been on the boards much lately because I just moved to Kalamazoo recently for a new job and I just read your post. I too have an interest in the Civil War and military history. My father is a Lincoln buff so that era has always interested me. I have an interest in WW2 history as well. I also watch Ghost Hunters and a show called A Haunting.

>>Yep not many guys interested in a girl that’s into that stuff.<<
There are a few of us out there. Where abouts in Michigan are you?