Titanic Prequel yes or no

• Thread starter Kenneth Lee Ormerod
  • Start date

Dave Gittins

Apr 11, 2001
Getting back to the original question, my guru informs me that the films I mentioned are called "fan flicks" or "fan films".

I've not found one for Titanic yet, but one may exist. Somebody on another forum is working on one.

Some copyright owners have actively encouraged these things. George Lucas has attended showings of Star Wars fan flicks and awarded prizes. Others have come down like a ton of bricks!

May 3, 2005
>>Hey--Maybe Old Rose meets fellow Titanic survivor, Old Annette in the sequel at some point and you can see them swapping stories.<<

I'm glad to see that someone else had the same idea as mine. :)

There are some more postings along these lines on
"Rose and her corset" on "James Cameron's Titanic"

Jerry Nuovo

Jan 22, 2010
New Jersey,USA
Another idea for a plot is Old Rose and Annette,Is this Annette the daughter of Julia Sturges played by Barbara Stanwyck in the 1953 Titanic? meet aboard the QM2 in January,2006 and then the QM2's pod problem occurs causing both women to say to each other "Damn It every time I go aboard a ship something happens" Each woman does not know the other one was aboard the Titanic until the QM2's pod problem occurs.When that happens and both women say to each other the above quote Old Rose then asks Annette which other ship were you on.And Annette says I was on the Titanic.And then Old Rose says No kidding so was I aboard the Titanic and then both women who are both 111 years old enjoy the rest of the cruise aboard the QM2.I know I am now going off the subject but I do get these electronic news of the cruise industry via my e-mail.These news articles are written by Maritime Historian Bill Miller and in the latest articles Bill writes concerning the QM2 and the problem with one of her pods is that repairs to the QM2's pod will be done at the end of the year in the ship's routine drydocking,and that no further cancellations are planned.Well I do hope that is the case concerning the QM2 and that John Clifford and Jason Tiller do enjoy their QM2 cruise to Hawaii and that Kyle enjoys his QM2 cruise to Mexico.And of course when I'm aboard the QE2 next January it will be great to see the QE2 and QM2 in port at Fort Lauderdale,Florida on January 10,2007.

May 1, 2010
Hey, how about something a little more interesting, say go back to 1907 to the meeting with Pirrie and Ismay conceiving the 3 liners? then follow the construction at H & W Throw in some interesting historical dialogue about Cunard and their 2 new ships taking over the shipping world, Republic saved by wireless, etc.

May 3, 2005
The subject of prequels was also dealt with on "James Cameron's Titanic"/"Rose's Corset".

The C.I.A. (College of Industrial Arts/Texas Woman's University)- Texas Agricultural and Mechanical College/Texas A&M University connection of how Rose and Cal met has been put forth.

But still another angle is "How did Rose and Ben Calvert meet ?"

Historical Note: "A & M" no longer stands for "Agricultural and Mechanical"...the initials were retained for strictly historical and traditional purposes...and No ! they do not stand for "Texas Athletic and Military University" as some would believe. :)

Mark Webster

Dec 24, 2005
sequel idea!!!!

Rose had Jacks baby, since this seems a popular idea. For a while Rose copes with living in poverty, then decides she cant afford to look after herself and baby Rosemary, and decides to return to England. Taking her daughter with her, she will seek out Cal who has also returned to England to find new wife) and force him to help her. She knows she can fight him, plus she has the diamond, which she wont sell, but that she will use to blackmail him.

One issue...She decides to return to Liverpool...upon the Lusitania!!!!!

Matthew Lips

Mar 8, 2001
Mark. One suggestion, let's put Cal on the Lusitania as well! At least the action could all take place aboard ship, both before and after her encounter with the U-Boat.

Problem is, we know from Titanic that both Rose and Cal will survive the Lusitania sinking, but, hey, it's got possibilities.

I'm sure we can cobble up a reason for Cal being on board the doomed Cunarder as well. It might be stretching coincidence a bit far but, hey, this is make believe, right? So we can do what we damned well please!!

I like it, I must say.

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
Unfortunately, the evil and sinister Fu Man Cal would survive the Lusitania as well, since he lives up to the time of the Stock Market Crash of '29. I suppose watching him "eat" his pistol would be satisfying, but since he was the Bad Guy, it's supposed to be.
evil.gif

Jan 28, 2003
Were Americans looking for English wives in those days? I thought it was the other way round. English toffs marrying American girls, because they were more fun. But if I remember aright, Cal thought he was royal, so he could nip back for a crack at sundry European princesses, only to perish on the Lusitania.

Rose could be in steerage, with her baby, and encounters Lovejoy trying to save himself... who repents and saves them both, and they survive and live a bucolic life in Kent ever after. Making beer.

Child becomes Prime Minister.

Who wrote this drivel?

May 1, 2010
Okay, I find myself sucked into this silly thread
>>only to perish on the Lusitania<<
Okay, that would be a SEQUEL. Not a bad idea, (for drivel that is) but cal capped himself in 1929, or so I read.
>>Child becomes Prime Minister.<<
Which one? W.R.C. would be too old, not to mention coming from a far different gene-pool. Chamberlain?
Now if you'll excuse me I am going quail hunting with Dick Cheney.

May 3, 2005
>>Okay, I find myself sucked into this silly thread<<

Me, too, Steve and Jerry- :)

>>Another idea for a plot is Old Rose and Annette,Is this Annette the daughter of Julia Sturges played by Barbara Stanwyck in the 1953 Titanic? <<

Why not have Annette and Rose meet on the maiden voyage of RMS Queen Mary in 1936. They would only have been in their early 40's. Of course Mr. and Mrs. Gifford Rogers (Giff and Annette) had no secrets between them about being on the Titanic, but as Old Rose later mentioned, she had never told Ben Calvert, or Lizzie for that matter, about it and that would spoil the plot for James Cameron....

Ben Calvert :"Rose, just exactly what was it that you were talking about with Giff and Annette Rogers ? You seem to have hit it off with them very well. I'm glad to see you're a lot happier about this maiden voyage now than you were before you met them !" :)

May 3, 2005
>>Why not have Annette and Rose meet on the maiden voyage of RMS Queen Mary in 1936. They would only have been in their early 40's.<<

...And this could all be filmed aboard Hotel Queen Mary in Long Beach today and maybe the ET Message Board could pick up a few dollars on royalties for the plot !.......

"...And this could all be filmed aboard Hotel Queen Mary in Long Beach today and maybe the ET Message Board could pick up a few dollars on royalties for the plot !......."

Yeah, baby!! I say the story is good. I thought about something like this a few years ago in which older Rose is interviewed on T.V. back in the 70's, and I can't remember the rest, but it's pretty much what you suggested above ;p

May 3, 2005
Dave-

>>Sharon, I've already got a sequel in which Jack's baby, named Renault,<<

Could he, perchance, be into gambling on ocean liners such as Buick Riviera of "Titanic - Adventure Out of Time" ?

Peter Creedon

Mar 12, 2005
I'm currently writing the prequel to JC's Titanic. Jack is not in the film. It will focus primarily on Rose and her family, such as why the money is "gone"(even though it's just a ploy.)Even her life at boarding school is examined.

May 3, 2005
Mario -

As long as we're into this thread, this bit of additional nonsense.: :)

Another angle in my story was Ben Calvert picking up the Titanic's CQD/SOS signals in Cedar Rapids.
It's a bit improbable but with "skip" conditions anything might be possible.

I had thought about working in Arthur A. Collins, founder of Collins Radio Company in Cedar Rapids and Amateur Radio Operator W0CXX (that's a number "Zero" and not a letter "O" for the tenth call area in the amateur radio licensing scheme....Whiskey Zero Charlie Xray XRay)....However, he was born in 1909. Do you know of any three year olds that could send and receive Morse Code ? 'Course, using a little literary license he could have been a child prodigy...or maybe "Ben" built "Art" some "wireless receiving appartuss" - coils wound on oatmeal cartons of course - and taught "Art" how to send and receive Morse Code. If Rose and Jack were responsible for sinking the Titanic maybe Ben was responsible for launching Collins Radio Company.

Ben (Benjamin Franklin Calvert) was the son of William Penn Calvert, founder of Shaker Oats Company (later sold out to Quaker Oats along with the logo - Calvert Senior posed for the gentleman on the oatmeal cartons.)Old Rose didn't exactly eventually marry "a person of limited means." LOL