Titanic Ride

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>The "frozen corpses of children" remark left a knot in my my chest.<<

The grabber is that the one who posted that crack apparently thought it was funny. I've seen death at sea and it's not funny. Especially if children are involved!

Jun 12, 2004
Let's put him in freezing water and see what his attitude is when we pick him up an hour or two later (if he is still alive, that is).

A

Alex McLean

Mark,
Desolé, mais je parle en français. It's just when you have about 20 Mexican/Argentinian exchange students around you all day, you can't help but pick up a bit of the language (though not enough to fully understand what your post was, sorry!) No offence was taken, I was actually meaning to ask Ernesto what the phrase was before making a reply but I won't be speaking to him until tomorrow.
My best,
happy.gif

Alex

PS. Email me privately if you want with the meaning of the quote, s'il vous plaît.

Jason D. Tiller

Dec 3, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
"Jason, I'd compensate you for the cost of the pins, plus the cost of a top quality hunter's knife."

LOL! Well, that sounds good to me John. Yes, I do agree that the knife would be more effective. More damage that way!
evil.gif

Jun 12, 2004
Although they'd haul you away for destroying private property, the statement would have been made...however, what little good it would do. They'd undoubtedly replace it. Commercial ventures are very persistent and very powerful. $$$$$

Jason D. Tiller

Dec 3, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Mark, I was not being serious at all in my previous post. I never would even think of destroying private property, it's just that things like these that are produced to make the disaster look like a joke to people and that make money off it, without having any respect for the people that died that night, cause me to be a little more than just miffed.

Jun 12, 2004
Neither was I, I agree, and I feel the same way, hehe.

I was basically saying, in a light-hearted way: "Sounds good, but unfortunately..." as if to say that it's a shame.

In any case, I'm right with you. ;)

Anna Jean.

Apr 9, 2005
I think some of you are taking the "frozen corpses of children" comment the wrong way. I can't speak for the poster, obviously, but I think he (she?) was being sarcastic. (Ie: PEOPLE DIED.)

Having said that, I have a fascination with this slide. I saw it the year after the James Cameron movie came out, and wanted to ride it so bad. Not because "omg!! so fun!" but more because I wanted to feel the horror that people must've felt on the ship, if only on an inflatable one.

Being perfectly honest, if I had $17,000 I could spare (HAH) I would buy one. Or if I ever saw one at the fair again (unlikely...) I would.

Honestly, I don't think the makers are trying to educate children or trivalize the disaster. They just want to make money.