Titanic Script

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 12, 2004
I clicked on the one auction pic of the autographed script and noticed that not everyone signed it, unless many more are on the back.

I recognized all but two: the scribbling in the bottom left (by the snap) and Seth Adkins. Forgive me if I have forgotten, but who in the heck is/was Seth Adkins? I don't remember him. Was he behind-the-scenes or an extra?

Sep 25, 2004
According to IMDB, he's credited as "3 year old Slovakian Boy". I guess they mean the kid Jack and Rose tried to save in that corridor after escaping Cal, but the father got him and ended up overwhelmed by the wall of water that burst through the door.

I also didn't know that Don Lynch played Frederick Spedden.

Jun 12, 2004
That's weird, hehe. I didn't think a 3-year-old would be able to write his name quite so legibly. Of course, this script-signing might have occurred later.

Yes, Lynch played Spedden, and he also played the "ghostly" Thomas Andrews in GOTA. It seems as if the Titanic authority is getting his feet in the movie industry as well.

Jul 12, 2005
Speaking of Titanic historians in Titanic-related movies, Ed and Karen Kamuda were first class passengers in Cameron's Titanic. They can be seen on the boat deck when Molly Brown asks Jack what his plans are for dinner. Charles Sachs appears in a couple of scenes in "No Greater Love". He's the adult standing right behind the heroine's little brother on the Carpathia, and a passenger in a bowler hat walking on the deck when the heroine goes to sea later in her life. Ken Marschall played Ismay in "Ghosts of the Abyss" with the famous scene taken from "A Night to Remember" where Ismay won't look back at the sinking ship. I was offered the part of the sub pilot who drowned in "Raise the Titanic" and also to live on the Queen Mary for two weeks being an on-call extra for "S.O.S. Titanic", but I didn't have any more vacation from my job. I think a number of Ken Marschall's family members were in a documentary filmed on the Queen Mary a year or so ago. Robert H. Gibbons

Status
Not open for further replies.