Titanic Sequel

Jun 12, 2004
Rest assured, Stefan, no sequel for Titanic is in the works, as far as I know. I presume Cameron would have already made it by now, unless he's waiting for the centenary. Needless to say, too, that if a sequel were in the works, we wouldn't catch first-wind of it online, and especially not on YouTube.

What people won't do to attract attention *shakes head*

Will C. White

Apr 18, 2007
If he was doing a prequel/sequel, etc., then he would be starting casting about now to make a 2012 release date, with principal photography consuming most of 2009, and then about two years for post production, and then you crank up the PR machine on Jan. 1, 2012 for a release by April 14/15. Big pictures take forever to make, and more money than should quite frankly ever be spent on ANYTHING! Will

Jun 12, 2004
LOL, That sounds funny coming from a guy who, although understanding the nature of Hollywood, is quick to point out inaccuracies. Still, a good old firefight would draw a lot of attention and would likely settle the issue, ;) hehehe.

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>LOL, That sounds funny coming from a guy who, although understanding the nature of Hollywood, is quick to point out inaccuracies.<<

We just gotta give Bruce Willis something to do! Now if only we could figure out how to flood the courtroom...
evil.gif

Jun 12, 2004
Put it on a ship and have that ship hit an iceberg and sink. Or Bruce shoots up the entire place (ship and all) while trying to find those behind the whitewash. Call it: Titanic: White Splash.

Jim Kalafus

Dec 3, 2000
TITANIC: THE SEQUEL

Begins on the Cunard Line Pier. Ruth Bukater and Cal walk through the crowd together towards a cab.
Sudennly, a familar face! At a distance, Ruth spots what MIGHT be Rose;

Ruth: Oh Sh-t.
Cal: Did you say something?
Ruth (too quickly) No...no. Was nothing.

They enter a cab, and vanish into the crowd.
The credits roll.

Two weeks later, we fade in at a disreputable hotel in Hoboken. The sort of hotel in which the sheets are boiled in bleach every morning to kill what hopped off the clients in the night. Rose, indeed, is at the end of her rope. Upon arrival in NY she was confronted with a few unpleasant truths: she could not draw funds from any of the Titanic relief agencies since "Rose Bukater" died and therefore she does not appear on any lists or have any proof that she WAS a Titanic passenger. She has also discovered that with no luggage, a single woman travelling alone cannot check into a reputable hotel DESPITE Cal's bankroll. And that hotels for respectable working woman won't take her without a letter of reference and a job. Plagued by the societal assumption that a woman travelling single, wihtout luggage or letter of reference is a whore, Rose is actually compelled to enter a hotel that caters to them!

From there, we trace Rose's fun filled adventures, as a woman with no ID and no job skills. She falls for a man every but as exciting as Jack, but is horrified to discover that, in 1913, men generally DON'T respect women who have "first date sex." When he wants to "notch" her ear, to signify ownership, and when he begins swapping her services to his coworkers at the factory for beer and cigarettes, Cal suddenly begins to look a whole lot better.

Rose, who doesn't even have the rudimentary skiils needed to gain entry level employment in a factory, is reduced to working as a charwoman in a mill in glamourous Plainfield, New Jersey. Her female coworkers are immigrants, but not the loveable Salt o The Earth types like on the Titanic, and when she exercises her rapier wit on one of them, she ends up losing several front teeth in the ensuing beating.

Rose returns to Philadelphia, but Ruth ~ no fool~ pretends not to be at home each time Rose calls. Finally, tiring of the subterfuge, Ruth calls the police to complain about "that vagrant woman."

Rose, sentenced to 6 months for "loitering" in a respectable neighborhood is sent to The Women's House of Detention. Where her options are to join in one of the gangs, or die. She opts for the former, and is given early parole by corrupt officials after a "syndicate leader" on the outside pulls strings. She is soon "shipped off" to Los Angeles.

Rose is fed into "The Shoplifting Racket." The other girls tire of her arrogant ways and despise her, and she is soon set up as a "Patsy." Rose pockets a relatively minor item in a department store, and one of the Racket Women, respectably dressed, tells the store detective "Sir, I think that woman stole something." During the ensuing commotion and distraction, Rose's two other cohorts slip out, unmolested, with the big bucks.

Rose is sentenced to 10 to 15 years. Her life is not unlike those of the women in The Godless Girl.

Rose serves her sentence, but this being the 1930s, she has to sit in prison for another three years doing "dead time" because she cannot leave until she has a job, and no one is hiring ex-cons during the depression.

Prematurely aged, and looking downright mannish, Rose is finally "sprung" in 1933. Her job is as a Janitoress in a Hollywood studio. She is assigned the task of cleaning up and coming star Gloria Stuart's dressing room. Miss Stuart graciously gives Prematurely Old Rose several "glamor shots" of herself, which we recognise from the final shots of Titanic.

jeffrey crock

May 14, 2008
I saw the "trailer" on VEOH I thought it was real as I heard of a sequel back a few years ago. Had me going for a while.

Feb 18, 2006
Jim: well, that's certainly a worthy story, and realistic too, but I have my doubts it is going to garner much attention.
Be great on the Lifetime Channel!
happy.gif

May 27, 2007
quote:

Be great on the Lifetime Channel!
They would eat that up.
lol.gif

I think Rose ended up working for a cheap studio pounding out cheap silent westerns. Nobody say casting couch.
wink.gif

Then she gets an offer from England and goes on the Lusitania and it's torpedoed!!
shock.gif
Hence Part 2 Lusitania cue music and show old silent newsreel footage of Lusitania leaving New York for last time. Maybe Rose is working with a cardsharp for some extra money? The possibilities are endless. Diana Preston and Colin Simpson could write the !Scream! Play. That should make everyone happy.
evil.gif

May 3, 2005
George-
>>The possibilities are endless.....That should make everyone happy.<<

I think my earlier sequel should fit in. ;-)

Rose survives the Lusitania, eventually marries Ben Calvert and settles down in Cedar Rapids, meets Annette and Gifford on the maiden voyage of the Queen Mary, visits Gloria Stuart and Shirley Temple in Hollywood , Lizzie marries Brock (Lewis Bodine was Best Man ) et cetera, et cetera and so forth !

May 27, 2007
HI Robert,

It'll fit like a glove. I can see Lizzie now.

Owd fogies "we're still alive and kicking" home present day.

"You were on the Lusitania too, Nana!?"

Even Older Rose: Yes dear it was hard after Titanic went down and Cal shot himself after inheriting all those millions.

Lizzie: I though Cal shot himself in '29?

E.O.Rose: Listen Missy who's telling this you or...

Lizzie: Nurse!!!

Fade in 1912 docks of New York and Carpathia is arriving-
wink.gif