Titanic sinking modelbook

Mike Bull

Dec 23, 2000
Does anyone have the book and bathtub sinking model of the Titanic? What do you think of it?

Jason D. Tiller

Dec 3, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Hi Mike,

I have the book and sinking model of the Titanic. The book is pretty good, though I have only flipped through it and have been meaning to read all of it. The model is very good and it's a lot of fun to build. In my opinion, it really does show how the ship sank that night.

I would recommend it!

Best regards,

Jason
happy.gif

B

Brandon Ralph Whited

I have also been wanting an opinion on the book and model. I thought it was awesome that you could make it sink your bathtub; my rubber duckie was getting lonely!
proud.gif

Cheers,
happy.gif

-B.W.

Mar 28, 2002
I've had the following model book for a while now, bought for a bargain £1.99 from Worcester:

Make A Model - Titanic, in the Parragon 'Make A Model' series. ISBN 1-85813-294-0. It includes the Titanic full profile, with a cutaway section at the rear; the Titanic about to go under with the iceberg and lifeboats nearby; and the bow section as it is now on the seabed. I haven't built it as I haven't seen the book since.

I bought this one from Cologne in 1988 and again haven't chopped it up because I don't know if I'll ever get another copy:

Titanic - Zum Selberbauen, published by Taco, ISBN 3-89268-011-6. A very detailed 1/200 model in card, even with rigging and deck benches! All instructions are in English, German and French. If you can get hold of this book, I would recommend it for anyone who wants a fully detailed model but doesn't have Astor's millions.

Cheers,

Boz

Jan 4, 2005
I bought it at a book store a few years back for $10.00, model and book. Used the model in a class I taught on the Titanic for how they now say she sank. Fun piece for the pool too...

Regards,
Eddie T Petruskevich

[Moderator's note: This post and the one immediately above it, were in another thread, but have been moved to the pre-existing one on the same subject. JDT]

molly kocan

Nov 3, 2011
Was wondering if any one knows of someone who would like to sell their book and model? Have been looking for one and no luck on ebay at this particular moment.