Titanic Sinking the Myths

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
Paul, I think you'll find it worthwhile to get, though I would certainly recommend getting it from Mike T. if he still has some copies on hand. While you may not agree with everything Diane Bristow has to say, she's not afraid to think outside of the box when it's called for.

Sep 22, 2003
Coatesville, PA
Paul

I Personally Think She's one of The Better Authors, Though I Also Don't Agree w/ Everything She Has Said. This Is Also one of the more Controversial Books. Not To Say It's Unreliable, It is Overall a Reliable Book.

Sep 22, 2003
Coatesville, PA
Hello. Ive Noticed a number of people on the board trying to find this book, so I thought this link might be useful.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0964648407/qid=1144943428/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/002-0639531-6576044?s=books&v=glance&n=283155

Apparently Bristow's book "Titanic: Sinking The Myths" is on the market again. The book can also be bought at Titanicbooksite.com

I Myself highly recomend this book as the author does wonderful research. here are some examples:

1st detailed examination of Distress Signals and Company Signals

1st Detailed examination of Wireless communication Technology and its history

1st detailed examination of Porting around the berg

1st detailed examination of the layout of the ice field

and many more

Jul 15, 2011
I wanted to share with everyone some very sad news.

Diana Bristow, author of Titanic RIP, Titanic: Sinking The Myths, Titanic Calling has passed away of natural causes. Diana was 81.

I felt it necessary to share the news because I know that Diana had friends in the Titanic community from all over the world. Her friend Kevin has been trying to reach out to everyone to let them know of her passing, and I felt that a posting here would be helpful.

Diana was a good friend, an animal lover, and she will be missed by those of us who knew her so very well.

Reactions: 1 user
Aug 8, 2007
Canada
I am saddened to hear of Diana's passing. Her writing style certainly did not betray her age, and I had hopes of seeing another book on the subject from her. I well remember the 6 months or so during which I tried to track down online a copy of "RIP" and my happiness at finally receiving one after the book twice disappeared before I could complete the purchase. As has been previously said, her views were controversial and I did not agree with some of her conclusions, but her research was second to none and made for fascinating reading. Thank you, Ryan, for letting us know.

Jul 15, 2011
Diana was a truly amazing person. She did a manuscript called "Captain Eddie's Finest" which was a volume one her years with Eastern Airlines and a fascinating glimpse of aviation history. We had talked numerous times through the years about putting the book into print, and we worked several times to gather up pictures and such. The manuscript was a little thin, however, and we had talked about expanding it with more stories, views, etc.,. but it was one of those things we never got around to doing.

I will pass on, Michael, whatever info I can. I know she had a large number of friends, but I wasn't always privvy to their addresses, phone numbers, etc.. That's why I felt that posting this here might be a more effective way to get the word out to those who knew her.

Jul 15, 2011
And does anyone know if Brian Ticehurst is still around? Years and years ago I used to correspond with him, and I know that he knew Diana which is how I became familiar with him. I'd like to make sure that he knows, too.

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>I will pass on, Michael, whatever info I can. <<

Thanks Ryan. Diana and I had some occasional discussions either on this board and by e-mail. I regret that we lost track of each other years ago.

Brian Ticehurst is still, as far as I know, a member of this forum but he rarely posts here. When he does, it's usually over passenger/crew information or on Titanic related memorials.

Apr 27, 2003
Many thanks for the sad news Ryan.
I heard yesterday and have been passing it on to those that knew Diana - she was a lovely lady.
Best regards

Brian

Tracy Smith

Nov 5, 2000
South Carolina USA
I'm very sorry to hear this. I used to maintain a correspondence with her several years ago and she was nothing but gracious with me, sending me a free autographed copy of her earlier book, "Titanic RIP: Can Dead Men Tell Tales?"