Titanic: Stories From The Deep (2019 Documentary)

Sally@Hichens

Oct 27, 2019
Near Dorking, Surrey, England
Hi. Just a little reminder that if anyone wants to see Episode three of Titanic: Stories from the Deep, it is still available for 10 days on UKTVplay which is a playback channel.

The link is https://uktvplay.uktv.co.uk/shows/titanic-stories-from-the-deep/watch-online/6093032133001

I tell my story about Robert Hichens. Fred Fleet is on it too It is quite a poignant episode because at the end they show the headstone which was erected for Frederick Fleet then they go to Aberdeen and there I am with my little wooden cross. The good news is that in early December Robert will finally get his stone. He will be sharing it with a Dutch sailour. Some may know that Robert shares his plot with two other sailours. One of them already has a stone. I will be contacting the media and our family are hoping for a good crowd at the unveiling. I'll keep you posted. It took one hundred years to discover where Robert's final resting place was.

For any further information on the four part Titanic documentary you can contact Infinity Films in Canada or Distribution360, Corporate Head Office. 74 Fraser Avenue Suite100 Toronto ON M6K 3E1 Canada. T: +1 416 646 2711. It would be great to get it aired further afield.

Happy Monday folks;)

Reactions: Mike Spooner

Harland Duzen

Jan 14, 2017
A thread made to discuss the 2019 documentary "Titanic: Stories From The Deep" that stars Victor Garber and discusses various parts of the Titanic's story with passenger, relatives and artefacts recovered from the wreck site along with footage from Titanic: Honor & Glory being used.

(With discussion on it started on the unrelated Thread "Titanic: The New Evidence"; Titanic: The New Evidence )

Last edited:

Harland Duzen

Jan 14, 2017
Just to give a mini review / opinion on tonight's episode on Harold Lowe and the Titanic's Whistles, I found it great to see the segment on the whistle's testing and public display, along with the various artefacts and bits of wreckage (from the fireplace and staircase) that were recovered. Slightly disappointed by the second wrong photograph of a ship (They used the wrong ship when mentioning the Majestic), but I would hazard to say it's been the best episode yet.

My only tiny critique was Victor wasn't given the chance to express his own opinion on the fireplace fragment given he has literally stood next to it's replica in the film but Stephanos speech summed it up very well.

:)

Scott Mills

Jul 10, 2008
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
Hi. Just a little reminder that if anyone wants to see Episode three of Titanic: Stories from the Deep, it is still available for 10 days on UKTVplay which is a playback channel.

The link is Titanic: Stories From The Deep on UKTV Play

I tell my story about Robert Hichens. Fred Fleet is on it too It is quite a poignant episode because at the end they show the headstone which was erected for Frederick Fleet then they go to Aberdeen and there I am with my little wooden cross. The good news is that in early December Robert will finally get his stone. He will be sharing it with a Dutch sailour. Some may know that Robert shares his plot with two other sailours. One of them already has a stone. I will be contacting the media and our family are hoping for a good crowd at the unveiling. I'll keep you posted. It took one hundred years to discover where Robert's final resting place was.

For any further information on the four part Titanic documentary you can contact Infinity Films in Canada or Distribution360, Corporate Head Office. 74 Fraser Avenue Suite100 Toronto ON M6K 3E1 Canada. T: +1 416 646 2711. It would be great to get it aired further afield.

Happy Monday folks;)
I will have to VPN to watch this, as the last time I checked, I cannot actually stream anything from the BBC not on a third party streaming service from the United States; however, thanks for making me aware of it!

Reactions: Sally@Hichens

Dave Gittins

Apr 11, 2001
It's a four part series. It can be seen online, but I refuse to sign up for spyware. The second episode is on YouTube. The presence of Inger Sheil and Tad Fitch give it some credibility.

Dave Gittins

Apr 11, 2001
Add Bill Sauder to the team! The series seems to be mostly about the human interest side of the story. It uses material from Titanic Honor and Glory for images of the ship. Some of the photos used are not really correct or relevant, such as the notorious photo of Olympic's officers and shots of Olympic in New York. Overall, it's pretty good and even finds a genuine new mystery. Grab it while it's up.

Reactions: Steven Christian

Harland Duzen

Jan 14, 2017
While it only lasted 4 episodes, is it likely to perhaps get a second season? I noticed in the credits it's copyright by "Yesterday Titanic Productions 1 INC. 2019 " which is a oddly specific name.

Also apologises for mentioning her sooner, but I hope we see Alex Klingelhofer in other Titanic documentaries or elsewhere, her role and knowledge on the restoration of the artefacts was great.

Edit: This might not be the right place to post this, but on youtube, you can see what is possibly a sizzle reel (a short demo video) for the documentary from 2016. Apparently it's been a few years in development!

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2014
Czech Republic
I wonder if Victor had a chance to hold some of the artifacts in his hands, ofc with gloves. It would have been a mesmerizing feeling. Am so glad Victor returned to the Titanic story (y)

Sally@Hichens

Oct 27, 2019
Near Dorking, Surrey, England
Hi. I went to the artefacts warehouse and walked around the hundreds of incredible items brought up from the wreck. It was an absolute honour. I also touched the steering column that belonged to the wheel located in the pilot house. I wore plastic gloves and could not take photos. I feel very lucky to have been given this opportunity and to feel even my close to Robert Hichens as he would have stood in front of another steering colum in the wheelhouse. This groundbreaking series was presented very well IMHO and is still available for 10 days.

Mike Spooner

Jan 31, 2018
I see the episodes are been replayed again and are FREE OF CHAGRE in the UK!
I have a questions on the amazing whistle recovered and working again. How many set where working on Titanic? As in The Ship Magnificent book refers whistle No 1 & 2 on the funnels were working and No 3 & 4 as dummies non operational! So why have them?
They refer them as the largest made at the time although Mauretania had the same set as other ships to.
Does anybody known what happen to the Olympic whistles when she was scrapped?

Mike Spooner

Jan 31, 2018
Re watching the free viewing of the: 10 Mistakes That Sank The Titanic. There is no listing of the 10 mistakes and up yourself to sort them out. Followed by distraction thrown in which have nothing to do with the sinking!
So I have a listed the 10 mistakes I can see, followed by the 14 mistakes they have made!
1. MSG. Master Service Grams. Not enough messengers marked with MSG therefore not reaching the bridge in time.
2. No Binoculars
3. Iron rivets of poor quality.
4. Coal fire bunker weaken the bulkhead
5. Bulkheads not high engough
6. Coal bunker door busting open
7. Portholes left open
8.The exceptional weather condition
9. Mirror haze staring into an optical illusion
10. By not hitting the iceberg head on
Now there may be some truth in the above, but what about the next have anything to do with the sinking one has to ask?
1. The Olympic cut into HMS Hawke.
2. A working engine from the Kempton Steam Museum
3. 2,200 passengers boarded at Southampton
4. Using the Olympic ship on quite a few film clips
5. The Lusitania ship in a film clip
6. Using 600 ton of coals per day
7. Ship speed 23 Knots
8. Full stern after berg contact.
9. Glue melting between plates
10. Short film of the rough sea in progress
11. California in sight of Titanic
12. Jack Phillips awake for two days