Titanic Survivor Identification

G

Guwan Seneviratne

Hey
I recently brought a first generation photograph of the Titanic Collapsible Lifeboat D. I was wondering if there was anyone on here who would be able to help me identify who the survivors are in the lifeboat. I also heard that there was a dog in the photograph but I can't see it clearly.
I have read a list of who the survivors on the boat but I need to help identifing the people one the boat.
Thanks

collapsible-titanic-lifeboat.jpg

vonfrieddorf

Jun 10, 2016
No dogs in the boat. There may be an image that resembles one, but there were no dogs in Boat D.

Only three dogs were rescued: Miss Hays' dog in Boat #7, Mrs. Rothschild's dog in Boat #6, and Mr. Harper's dog in Boat #3.

G

Guwan Seneviratne

No dogs in the boat. There may be an image that resembles one, but there were no dogs in Boat D.

Only three dogs were rescued: Miss Hays' dog in Boat #7, Mrs. Rothschild's dog in Boat #6, and Mr. Harper's dog in Boat #3.
Where were the dogs when they got onto the Carpathia? You don't see any photos of them on the boat, do you?
Is there anyway to identify who is on that lifeboat?

vonfrieddorf

Jun 10, 2016
No, there can't be any photos of them in the boat, because the boat is Collapsible D, which rescued only people, no dogs.

As far as where the rescued dogs were kept on the Carpathia, I don't know. Perhaps one of the more knowledgeable contributors (and there are many) could weigh in here. Thanks.

Reactions: 1 person