Titanic The Final Secrets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Lee

Aug 11, 2003
This is due to be shown in the UK on the National Geographic Channel on 9pm on June 8th.

Ben Lemmon

Feb 6, 2008
Through close analysis of the Nat'l Geographic Channel Schedule, I presume. Correct me if I'm wrong. I was just guessing.
happy.gif

A

Alice Sam

Titanic: The Final Secret will indeed be shown on National Geographic on Sunday 8 June at 9pm.

The show is about how the Titanic's discovery was actually linked to 2 covert operations that Bob Ballard undertook with the US Navy.

There's a dedicated website with images and a short clip at natgeochannel.co.uk/titanic

Will C. White

Apr 18, 2007
Jeremy-I agree with you, it was "all blow, no go!" as the car guys say. Really brings the term 'false advertising' to new heights. Sad in a way that Ballard was hooked up with the doc as it is titled, for the "shenaigans" surrounding the investigations into the downing of those two boats is plenty interesting all on it's own.

Feb 21, 2005
The title was very misleading but I found the stories about Scorpion and Thresher very interesting. As said, it was more about what led up to the finding of Titanic; but I found that to be an interesting tale in itself. I'll give the show a thumbs up.

Mar 22, 2003
Chicago, IL, USA
www.titanicology.com
Putting the name "Titanic" and combining it with words like "Final Secrets" into a title sells. How many people would watch a show called "Thresher and Scorpion: The Final Secrets?"

The name of the game is ratings. People should understand that by now. Other key words that sell are: the real secret behind, what really sank, how they sank, hidden mysteries of, Achilles heal, the untold story of, the conspiracy behind, the myth behind, the hidden connection, Titanic and the, etc., etc. Hey, we all do what it takes to attract the attention of the reader or viewer. Even back in 1912, Gracie used the words, "the truth about" to sell his book.

Steven Hall

Aug 8, 2001
Now would Bruce and I have put OLYMPIC (first) before TITANIC on the book cover just because - when it was published, the Olympic games was on a few months later . . . I wonder. Or was it just an accident. The inside cover says, TITANIC OLYMPIC. Mmmm, was it switched - I wonder.
Was it just by chance that the Conspiracy book and the TTSM were both published in April ?
Amazing the coincidences that could happen. If the TTSM books had been broken up into 3 volumes (not the two), they would have had: V1 400 pages, V2 401 pages and the third, 433 pages.
I think a title is fair game really.

Status
Not open for further replies.