Titanic & the hollywood star

A

Abby B.

Has anyone seen- Return to the Titanic, and if so Is it a documentary? Is it a Tv show or is it a movie? I heard Telly savales is in this particular program ,What does he do. Im really curious about this. Information Please.Abby B.

Mike Herbold

Feb 13, 2001
"Return to the Titanic" is the second of three videos in a set called "In Search of the Titanic," released in 1998 by Marathon Music & Video, ISBN 1-57622-628-X.

It is written and narrated by James Drury and is an account of the 1981 expedition by Jack Grimm and Mike Harris to try to locate the Titanic. It is about one hour long and documents the equipment, technology, and methods used by the group, and concludes with the apparent discovery of a propeller.

Telly Savales is not involved in this video.

The first video in the set is another documentary, "Search for the Titanic," hosted by orson Wells. The third set "Disasters of the Sea," has newsreel reports of the 1912 tragedy and studies of Lusitania, Andrea Doria, and other commercial and wartime wrecks.

This is a worthwhile video collection, and I hadn't watched it for quite awhile until you brought it up again. Now that the Titanic has been found and photographed and explored extensively, it is easy to forget the fruitless years of struggle that came before Ballard's final success.

Mike Herbold

Feb 13, 2001
Sometimes I'm a pretty careless buyer. Just noticed that I also own a two part video which is the same as the first two of three videos mentioned above. This one was released by Bridgestone Mutimedia in 1997, ISBN 1-56371-439-6.

Part 1 is "Search for the Titanic" and Part two is "Return to the Titanic."

Chris Dohany

Jan 8, 2001
I believe she's referring to "Return to the Titanic - LIVE!"
This was originally aired on television in 1987 and was hosted by the late Telly Savalas. It attempted to be a documentary but had more of a tabloid show feel. The primary focus was on the recovery efforts and some of the items they had brought up at the time. The main attraction was a purser's safe that they were going to "open." I don't believe there was much truth to the hype, as the back was rusted out of the safe, and the items inside were contained within a Tupperware dish.