Titanic The Long Night

Chloe Olive

Feb 22, 2008
Has anyone read this?It is by Diana Hoh.
I myself liked it but thought it too much like Jack and Rose to be regarded as a brilliant work of fiction.

May 27, 2007
I have and I have to agree with Evgueni although I think the book came out before Cameron made his Movie! At least that was my impression.

May 27, 2007
Thanks Jason,

That's probably why she found a Publisher!because the movie came out and I have read it and Evgueni is right on! The book does seem a knock off of Cameron's script even though it isn't!

May 12, 2009
I guess during the nineties, there must've been some brain fever that inspired EVERYONE to write Titanic fiction about a 1st class rebellious gal falling for a rebellious guy in steerage... Even the first draft of the CBS mini-series featured that!

May 27, 2007
I think it was 1993's Greystoke's Production of Titanic "End Of A Dream" and "The Legend Lives On", that opened that door!
wink.gif
I remember seeing this on A&E back when it used to stand for The Arts "and" Entertainment and not the Art "Of" Entertainment!

May 27, 2007
Oops, Evgueni! I thought you meant on people writing Novels or stories on Titanic! As for writes liking poor boy, rich girl stories those have always been with us along with poor girl and rich boy stories as well. Cinderella is an excellent example!

May 27, 2007
quote:

Like he said somewhere around 19 minutes in, I still don't want to believe it's real!
lol.gif
Yep it's a scream alright! Thanks again, Evgueni! No wonder I haven't heard of this one! For a second I thought I was losing it! If it isn't Sesame St or Disney then I don't know about it!​

May 12, 2009
Well, if this abortion of a cartoon teaches us anything it is that the Italian exploitation cinema Hollywood rip-off subgenre is alive and well.

...And you gotta love the Nostalgia Critic! He makes the most unbearable movies endearing!

PS - A hip hop number.. By a dog... In a gang-banger outfit... In the Titanic's hold... With brick walls... And a boom box. If THAT isn't surrealist cinema at its best, I do NOT know what is! :p