Dec 16, 2013
El Paso, Texas
Hi All my Fellow Titanic buffs and historians!
This is my first post, I just joined and my name is Jackie, but I go by Jax. I just posted a review on the Titanic Universe website, of the documentary called Titanic: The Shocking Truth. The documentary has proof that it was the Olympic that went down that night and had been switched out with the Titanic because her collision with the HMS Hawke warship had left her very damaged and it was beyond repair. Have any of you seen this and what do you think of the theory that Olympic and Titanic were switched out and the whole disaster was nothing more than an insurance scam gone horribly wrong.

Looking forward to seeing what you all think of this...

Jax

Dec 16, 2013
El Paso, Texas
Titanic: The Shocking Truth is on YouTube, has anyone seen this? It is what Steve Hall was talking about with the Titanic and Olympic being switched out. The documentary offers a lot of evidence that the two ships were switched and also that it was Bruce Ismay and Lord Pirrie who decided to have Captain Smith purposely wreck the ship so they could collect the $15 million dollar insurance policy. What do you all think of this?

Jax

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>The documentary has proof that it was the Olympic that went down that night and had been switched out with the Titanic because her collision with the HMS Hawke warship had left her very damaged and it was beyond repair. <<

No it doesn't. This theory is of modern day origin and was refuted years ago.

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
Jax, the infamous switch theory has been 'done to death' in earlier threads in this forum so there's no point in dredging it up again and repeating the debate. The existing threads are still open for posting so you can add anything there if you wish. If you want to examine the evidence in detail you can't do better than read the book Titanic or Olympic: Which Ship Sank? by Hall, Beveridge and Braunschweiger. This takes an objective look at the evidence offered by Robin Gardiner in support of his conspiracy theory and also of course presents a lot more evidence that Gardiner omitted because no amount of bending would make it fit.

BrianSanford

Aug 26, 2015
Documentaries mainly focus on nonfictional motion picture and focuses on historical record. They are made on the live evidences unlike the fictional films. The historic films like Titanic should be watched looking at all the aspects which will be shown only in Documentary film making.

PITAI

Jul 20, 2013

PITAI

Jul 20, 2013
Dissecting "Titanic: The Shocking Truth" with apologies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_d_GEy8lr0

You will likely frown upon me for this.

I'm going through the infamous video above and recording all the "mistakes" it makes. I have the book "Titanic or Olympic - Which Ship Sank? - The Truth Behind the Conspiracy" here on my lap and that has aided me greatly. However, there are things it doesn't address and I want to leave no stone unturned. Would you care to help me out?

As for why I'm doing it, it keeps popping up on reddit and getting praise. I just have a burning desire to take it down a few pegs in no small part due to the faked MP that keeps being trotted about.

If you rolled your eyes at me, I do apologize.

Cam Houseman

Jul 14, 2020
Maryland, USA
Hi All my Fellow Titanic buffs and historians!
This is my first post, I just joined and my name is Jackie, but I go by Jax. I just posted a review on the Titanic Universe website, of the documentary called Titanic: The Shocking Truth. The documentary has proof that it was the Olympic that went down that night and had been switched out with the Titanic because her collision with the HMS Hawke warship had left her very damaged and it was beyond repair. Have any of you seen this and what do you think of the theory that Olympic and Titanic were switched out and the whole disaster was nothing more than an insurance scam gone horribly wrong.

Looking forward to seeing what you all think of this...

Jax
I thought it was hilarious, especially the "most damning piece of evidence yet": a hysterically bad CGI of Titanic's name, and "MP" showing where some rusticles and her letters had "fallen" away. The rest of the doc? pft. This is where the fun begins! It begins with somber music, and words telling us about the disaster. Fair game. Our host, a British man that looks like a very skinny Doctor Who, pronounced cheekbones and all. He's at some College, with a ton of books behind, so you know, he is a VERY smart man. On his desk is a model of the Titanic, (to get his point across) our man never describes her as Titanic, nonono! its OLYMPIC, you Hooligan!!!11! We get a lesson on Olympic's numerous accidents. He then then picks up Ti-- Olympic, and we get a tour of the Campus. He then gets to Olympic's-- she hasn't body swapped yet-- collision with the HMS Hawke. We do get CGI sequence of the collision. Cool. He talks about the damaged propeller shaft, being replaced with Titanic's. We then, to my great amusement, get meme quality acting. Y'all ain't seen NOTHING yet! The Big Bad Wolf himself, J. Bruce Ismay, is talking to JP Morgan, that, oh no! Olympic's keel is bent!!111!!!1 :0 Morgan's reaction? Switch 'em. Later, the big bad man is bullying Cap'm Smith not to tell. He looks like he's about to cry, and pleads with Ismay to have the CALIFORNIAN be near to rescue the passengers. Blue Rockets, remember this. Skinny man gives us a lesson about Titanic's turning ability. Murdoch orders Full Astern so T--Olympic doesn't turn in time. She begins to sink. But then, these dummies send up white rockets, not blue. Californian doesn't come. Skinny gives us a recap: Titanic's windows changed. etc. We trasition to a 240p Titanic Bow forpeak. (How dare I, OLYMPIC'S forepeak) Skinny Man says the Stern is too damaged to look for evidence. THEN we are shown the excellent 10/10 really real proof Titanic is Olympic.