Titanic Tidbits

Jun 12, 2004
Linda,

Very thorough! I am surprised, though, that you did not include the deleted scene involving Kate, Leo and Dave Warner in the flooding 1st class dining saloon, where the fight ensued. This was a much raved scene. Do you have any background info on this scene? Perhaps you can post it for the readers.

Linda Cooper

Sep 23, 2007
Mark,

Thank you. I need to check into that. Per a different thread that I posted to, I stated that I wasn't aware of that fight and was surprised to find out that Dave Warner (AKA Lovejoy) was the person with the bloody face who was at the point on the ship where it split.

Linda Cooper

Sep 23, 2007
http://infao5501.ag5.mpi-sb.mpg.de:8080/topx/archive?link=Wikipedia-Lip6-2/52371.xml&style

This is an excerpt from the lengthy narrative below:

"After Cal realizes he has accidentally given the diamond to Rose, there originally followed a lengthy and suspenseful cat-and-mouse fight sequence between Lovejoy and Jack in the quickly flooding main dining room. This sequence was cut by Cameron after it received unfavorable responses from test audiences. This scene would have explained why Lovejoy sports a head injury before his death in the final version of the film."

[Moderator's Note: The entire content of the "Deleted Scenes" section of the site linked to, copied verbatim, has been deleted. MAB]