Titanic used for Symbol of Death

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Richard K. Mason

Hello My Friends;

I just thought you might like to see this. It's a photo I made about 3 years ago on a major interstate highway near Evansville, Indiana. I found it recently having mis-placed it shortly after taking it. It says quite a lot, I think. Personally, I don't think the Titanic should be used in this manner. But that's my opinion which may not count for much. What say you?

Richard
59341.png

R

Richard K. Mason

By the way, The photo is not very clear as I used an inferior camera. [ My Fault! ] The message at the bottom of the billboard reads: "Tobacco Kills A Titanic Of Hoosiers Every Six Weeks". You Figure it out!

Thanks For Your Understanding,
Richard

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
1500 people...give or take a few...killed by tobacco every week. Pretty typical of the sort of one liners used in ad campeigns. I doubt that a lot of people paid much attention to it.

As to the ship being used in this manner, it happens all the time in public debate. Can't say as I have any feelings about it one way or another, but that's just me.

T

Tom Pappas

It's more like two 747-loads of Americans EVERY DAY!

(300,000 per year / 365 = 821)

Reactions: 1 user
L

Laura Melinda Varjo

I saw a commercial similar to what you described, Richard, yeah I agree, that joke is not funny !
Lorie
sad.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.