News Titanic was burning for days and this capsized the unsinkable ship when it hit the iceberg, claims expert - MEAWW

Rancor

Jun 23, 2017
There are so many errors in that article that as a total amateur even I can spot them. That is a bit of a worry.

I wish in this age of disinformation and popular opinion/louder voice winning over carefully conducted research that the news site would at least publish the rebuttal paper produced by the members of this forum.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Scott Mills

Jul 10, 2008
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
There are so many errors in that article that as a total amateur even I can spot them. That is a bit of a worry.

I wish in this age of disinformation and popular opinion/louder voice winning over carefully conducted research that the news site would at least publish the rebuttal paper produced by the members of this forum.
Yes, and say what you will about Senan's fire theory, I am fairly certain that this article was written by someone who really did not understand what Senan was saying in the interview.

Bob_Read

May 9, 2019
USA
Which is more outside the realm of reality, Molony’s actual theory or a misinterpretation of it?

Reactions: 1 user

Scott Mills

Jul 10, 2008
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
Which is more outside the realm of reality, Molony’s actual theory or a misinterpretation of it?
I think people are not happy with Senan's book on Mt Temple and his new fire theory; however, I am reluctant to completely dismiss both--with some serious caveats I won't bother with here.

Suffice it to say, I think Senan is a very smart man, and that he has contributed quite a bit of outstanding work when it comes to the history of Titanic.

So my answer to your question, and I may be in the minority, is that it is far more likely the interviewer/paper screwed up the article. For proof, I would just point you to the title of the article, specifically the reference to Titanic capsizing. There is absolutely no way, no matter what anyone thinks of Senan or his theory, that Senan Molony told the paper a fire caused Titanic to capsize.

Dec 31, 2019
Indiana
I think people are not happy with Senan's book on Mt Temple and his new fire theory; however, I am reluctant to completely dismiss both--with some serious caveats I won't bother with here.

Suffice it to say, I think Senan is a very smart man, and that he has contributed quite a bit of outstanding work when it comes to the history of Titanic.

So my answer to your question, and I may be in the minority, is that it is far more likely the interviewer/paper screwed up the article. For proof, I would just point you to the title of the article, specifically the reference to Titanic capsizing. There is absolutely no way, no matter what anyone thinks of Senan or his theory, that Senan Molony told the paper a fire caused Titanic to capsize.
I've read his book, I liked it.

Milos Grkovic

Aug 25, 2019
Serbia
Not surprising. Senan Molony doesn't believe that iceberg sank the Titanic instead of fire. That Titanic capsizing, I think it was caused by taking the burning coal from the starboard coal bunker to the boilers on Saturday, 13th April 1912.