Titanica stock portfolio

Dec 12, 1999
Does anyone know the names of some of the companies whose business is somehow related to the Titanic? Here's a few that come to mind:

1. R.M.S. Titanic (sym: SOST).

Owner of salvage rights to wreck of Titanic, and exhibits Titanic artifacts through contract with SFX Entertainment. Currently shares are trading at $0.85/sh.

2. Applied Biosystems (NYSE sym: ABI)

Sponsor of recent DNA testing of Titanic victim's bodies in Halifax. Stock currently listed at $32.80/sh., down from $133.18.

3. Carnival Corporation (NYSE sym: CCL)

Owner of Cunard Steamship Lines, which Titanic's White Star Line folded into during the 1950s. Stock trading at $28.79, down from $34.93.

4. Clear Communications Corp. (NYSE: CCU)

Owner of SFX Entertainment, the company that hosts all of R.M.S. Titanic's exhibitions of artifacts. Currently, this stock is listed at $63.40, down from $85.81.

Harland & Wolff is owned by Fred Olson, and I think H & W hasn't been doing to well, financially. Can anyone think of some others?

Sam Brannigan

Feb 24, 2007
Gordons London Dry Gin springs to mind.

Sir Cosmo was from the Gordon dynasty and apparantly it played a major part in the story of Charles Joughin. It's a wonder they haven't used it for advertising purposes!

Regards

Sam

Dec 12, 1999
The Titanica stock portfolio suffered about a 2% decline in value, last week:

SOST: -$.03
ABI: unchanged
CCL: -$.65
CCU: -$1.64

Dave Gittins

Apr 11, 2001
Marconi is still in action, as is Harland & Wolff.

J P Morgan is still going and The New York Times. I believe some of the Southampton firms that supplied the ship are still around. There must be more. The German owners of Amerika are still around as part of Hapag Lloyd.

G

Gavin Murphy

...and don't Stuart in Stourbridge, UK, the crystal manufacturers who made glasses for the T.

G

Dec 12, 1999
The Titanica stock portfolio has declined nearly 10% since May 26, 2001.

SOST: $0.82
ABI: $27.29
CCL: $26.01
CCU: $58.59

Sam, Dave and Gavin, do you have the symbols for those companies, and exchanges where they are listed? I couldn't find them. Do you know if J.P. Morgan became Morgan Stanley? We need to locate some better Titanica investments. These are dogs.