TitanicChallenge Of Discovery

Mike Bull

Dec 23, 2000
Apologies if this game has been covered here before, but I'm new here and was wondering if anyone out there has this game, and has completed it like myself? Or, does anyone have it and would they like help in the location of the wrecks? I think this is a superb game, and wondered if there are any other fans of it out there?

R

Rolf Vonk

Hello Mike,

You don't have to apologize, because almost every question here will be answered. I'm quit new myself and I have no idea if this topic have allready been discussed.

I also have the game Titanic challenge of discovery. I must confess that I haven't play it for a long time. I mostly played Titanic adventure out of time, but last year I have not so much time for it.

I do agree that the game is very nice. Especially the information you get about the Titanic, and the two other ships, in that museum and the search for the ship.

Greetings Rollie
happy.gif

Jan 8, 2001
Hi guys!

I just got the game for XMAS and was wondering how difficult it is? Just thumbing through the instructional manual leads me to believe it may take a long long time for me to feel comfortable with how to get anywhere in it. Was it tough for you guys?

Thanks,

Michael.

Mike Bull

Dec 23, 2000
Michael, take your time to learn how to use all the features of the game-sonar, d.o.t.s, charts, etc. Make sure you know how to use everything, THEN worry about finding the Isis site-this is an excellent program, but can't be rushed. If you get totally stuck, post here and I'll help.

R

Rolf Vonk

Hey Michael,

I have to say that I was not very patience with the game. I still don't know how to use all the materials you have with you onboard your research vessel. But for some reason I did find Isis, Bismarck and Titanic. Please don't ask me how much time it tooks!! So I give you the same advice as Mike.

Succes with your game!

Greetings Rollie
happy.gif

Jul 10, 2005
How does everyone like this game? I am considering it for myself. I have Adventure out of Time, which locks up on me when I have to change discs and I have Cameron's Explorer...
I want to PLAY!!! LOL

Thanks, God Bless!

Beverly

Sep 21, 2005
Dorset
I've never heard of Challenge of Discovery! Where can I get it from in England? What can you do on it? I'm going to spend all day in town tomorrow looking for it! Is its title self-explanatory?
Laura

R

Rolf Vonk

Hi there,

I'm sure that Challenge of Discovery is available in English, because it is also in Dutch. And as you maybe read in the topic "(unknown)animals on Titanic" it is difficult to get many Titanic stuff in the Netherlands without translation.
I don't know in which city, town, or village you are living, but when the game is available in THIS town were I live, it is even available for the people in Siberia!

I have to say that I like "Adventure out of time" more than "Challenge of discovery". Although both are excellent games. Laura, I must warn you that "Challenge of Discovery" ask very much patience. But when you have that, the game isn't a problem at all.

Beverly and Laura, I would say: play and enjoy. And above of all: May God bless us for the games and this Messageboard (and Mr Hind) which made it possible to discuss and learn about Titanic!

Laura, succes with your search for the game.

Greetings Rollie
happy.gif

Jul 10, 2005
Laura!

If I can find the game, I will get you one here in the U.S. and SEND it to you somehow!

Rollie!

Thanx for the info!

Beverly

Sep 21, 2005
Dorset
Siberia!? Ok, if I can't find this game, I will cause havoc!! If you hear of a raging teenager on the rampage in a small English Seaside town, its me!!!! Cheers Rollie!
happy.gif

Thanks for the offer, Beverly, I may have to take you up on that!!!

Can anyone tell me what you actually have to do in the game!?

Laura

R

Rolf Vonk

Hi Laura,

I will watch out for the "England news" next weeks in our papers!!

Well Laura, you don't have to do much in the game. Just choose your research material, vessel and crew for your expedition, than find respectively Isis, Bismarck and Titanic. If you can do this before your crew gets angry or you loose research material, you've won the game. I must confess that I wasn't always succesfull in the game: I've drowned two times with my submarine. That was a very horrific experience.

Never thought that a Titanic-game could be so scary!

I hope this was enough information. Otherwise there are more people who can add something.

Greetings Rollie
happy.gif
!!

Sep 21, 2005
Dorset
Thats excellent Rollie, thanks
happy.gif

I will refrain from my rampage for a few days at least........but drowning!? I know nothing scientific....so i'm a lost cause before I have started. Scary experience, although I find the final hour on Adventure out of Time v.scary!!!

Thank you so much!
Laura

R

Rolf Vonk

Hi Laura,

No thanks for the information! Please DON'T drown in that submarine. It gives me the shivers when I think off it. The most terrible thing I will never forget was the sound the game produced when my submarine (during the drowning scene) went to the bottom of the sea.

You're right about Adventure out of time. It IS scary, but not only at the end. When I played the game for the first time (allready four years ago!!) I almost had a heartattack when that dirty Mr Vlad shot my head off in the boilerroom.

BTW, now we are talking about Adventure out of time, I have to say it's a pity that you can't enter all the rooms and area's aboard. I looked at www.cyberflix.com to see if it was possible to download new rooms. It was so discouraging to read that Cyberflix doesn't excist anymore. Adventure out of time was made with a by them created program. Only they have the rights to use that program. So now it is sure that there never comes a possibility to download the miljonairs suite, the Ritz or the grand diningroom.

I just became one with the ship! Do you know if there are other Titanic games, programs etc. who gives the possibility to walk inside a kind of Titanic??

Hope you can help me further.

Much greetings Rollie
happy.gif

Sep 21, 2005
Dorset
Hey Rollie,

I nearly died when Vlad shot me too!well..I did die, but you know what I mean!Also when he bashed me round the head too..always knowing he is going to be at the bottom of the smokestack!!It took me a while to work out where he was in the final hour, down those stairs in the engine room! I used to get really annoyed when I'd have to choose between the painting and the notebook, until I realised that I could get to the painting before Sasha and Zeitel. Have you ever done the bit where you rescue Georgia from being poisoned? Everytime I rescue her, she never seems to come with me, just stands on the boat deck telling me to 'Go', she's annoying anyway! I'm disappointed that you can't enter rooms such as the library and dining saloons and some of the other cabins. If you look in general Questions: Cameron's Explorer CD on this message board, we all moan about it on there too!!!

I downloaded tour guides from Cyberflix, but I couldn't get anything else!

I don't know about any other CD-Roms where you get to walk inside the ship, which is a real shame...really sorry I can't help you there!

I have a question actually: In the Game 'Adventure out of Time', the B-deck corridor where the cabins are has navy blue walls or something like that right? but in Cameron's film, the B-deck corridor has white walls (you can see them when Jack and Rose are leaving the cabin trying to get away from Lovejoy) Are they using a different exit? I know its a completely pointless question, but it bugged me!!!

Thanks, sorry I can't help you further Rollie,
Laura

R

Rolf Vonk

Hi Laura,

It doesn't matter about the paragraphs, I've understand you! Don't feel sorry too about the fact you can't help me further with other Titanic games.

Well, that Lady Georgia is a silly snob. She is indeed so annoying. When I played the game for the first time I was surprised to read that note in the cabin "Meet me at the deck tonight. Georgia" or something. The name is so lovely aristocratic that I had to think at her ladyship in our town. When I met Georgia a few times later on deck she looked pretty nice (from a distance). Not that I would fall in love with a computer girl!! I would rather prefer or own Ladyship! When I clicked on Georgia she changed into a terrifying women. I didn't know how quick to leave her. The most terrible at all are those stupid and unconnected sentences Lady Georgia is talking. And when you think she is giving you a nice present it seems to be a fake necklace!!! (GRR..).

O, I forgot to tell you about the scene after saving Georgia from a painfull dead. She is saying the same things too in my game. Really Georgia is a millstone around one's neck. But I must warn you! Don't save Georgia too quickly, because then she leaves the ship without you.

Don't think I hate the game, because I love it. Only that horrific Georgia isn't nice (bad playscript?).

It's true that the gangways on B deck are different in both the game and the movie. But I think that Cameron was right with giving the gangways only a wood panneling. I believe there were no coloured walls aboard Titanic.

BTW, I have a strange question, but it the music in the English "Adventure out of time game" different from the other European versions?? On the Cyberflix site there are some music MP3s. They are the same as in the game, but there is one musicpiece that doesn't appear in my game! Though I played it in all the possible ways.

How do you think that's possible?

Much greetings Rollie
happy.gif

Sep 21, 2005
Dorset
Rollie,

I'll go and have a look at those MP3's now! I would have thought the music would be the same, I actually quite like the piano pieces on some of the decks!

Laura

P.S I can think of a character almost as bad as Georgia.....Daisy Cashmore.."a boat, a boat, I must find the right one!", "Cooooeeeeeee"

R

Rolf Vonk

Hey Laura!

I've looked at the MP3's too, so I can tell you wich one doesn't excist on my own game. It's the "rogation (2,6 mb)" piece. Please listen to it and tell me if it's also dissappeared in your game.

BTW: "What, has the ship sprong aleak?! I scare myself to dead. Everyone knowes the Titanic is unsinkable!" Guess who said this!

Greetings Rollie
happy.gif