TitanicChallenge Of Discovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 27, 2000
Dorset
Hey Rollie
happy.gif

I downloaded them all, and I haven't heard of "rogation" before either! They're missing my fave track which I think is around C-Deck Cabins.
If you play around with the radio in your 1942 room, you can get some of the tracks on there, rather than the radio reporter talking.

Gotta be Daisy Cashmore!! Her and Georgia run a close race......Not too fond of Rev Troutt either. In fact I don't like too many of them, I feel sorry for Willy Von Haderlitz though
sad.gif

I've got rogation on now.......not a clue though!
Sorry.

Laura
happy.gif

R

Rolf Vonk

Hi Laura,

You're so quick!! (thinking about my difficult question AND listen to all the MP3's). You've won the jackpot with the 1.000.000 for the right answer. I'll send you a more difficult one at the end of this message OK?!

How strange that you also miss that rogation piece. It isn't bad at all so I think it's a pity that they forget to put it into my game.

Don't you think it's strange that the housekeepster in your 1942 room still yells and screams when the bomb explodes??

I also don't like most of the people in the game, but I love the Gorse-Jones couple. They are so lovely unaspected and strange.

Well, like I promised, here it comes:
Fill in the missing part of the sentence: "The men onboard Titanic are so handsome...

Go for it Laura! Up to the 2.000.000 (haha)

Greetings Rollie
happy.gif

Dec 27, 2000
Dorset
Rollie,

Hey thanks for the money! I think its Claris Limehouse or Daisy Cashmore, but I'm going to have to check the missing part of the sentence. I think I know it, but I'm not going to make myself look stupid by getting it wrong! Then I will get a question for you!Be prepared!

I like Rogation too, but I wouldn't have a clue where it is in the game!I love the Gorse-Jones', its unfortunate that the wife is called Ribeena though! (Hope I haven't offended anyone there!)
Back soon
Laura

Dec 27, 2000
Dorset
Hey Rollie,

Ok, so I searched through most of my saved games, couldn't find that sentence, but i recognise it. Does Daisy Cashmore say it when you meet her near B-deck cabins the second time? I sat through her whole speech about the Titanic on the aft Grand Staircase and she never said it, so does she say it later on? I'll check again when I have more time.

Meanwhile here's one for you
"One thing is certain, and the rest is lies" said by who and where?

Happy hunting

Laura

R

Rolf Vonk

Hi Laura,

Oops, this thime no jackpot for ya! It seems I've won 1.000.000. It was Claris Limehouse. You mentioned her, but you choose our dear Miss Cashmore (Isn't Cashmore a strange name in English too??).

Well, Laura the competition becomes very hard to win with your question. I must confess that it took a little time before I could find it back in the game. I know it's Willie von Haderlitz and it is said in the squash court (rrr, a cold, dark, lonely place. I've risked my live to get there without slipping of all the stairs.) Well, I've a last very difficult question for you:

"He instructs me to travel only on two ships: the Titanic and the Lusitania..".

Who intructed who and were was it said?? When you recognise this one, you've won the game!!

Happy Hunting too!!(Don't let the hunter becomes the prey!)

Rollie
happy.gif

Dec 27, 2000
Dorset
Rollie.......(I got your answer! She's one of my faves...so cutting and sharp!)

But first..I thought it was Claris....honest, she was my first choice, but I edited my answer to include both ladies because I wasn't too sure. Well done on Willie...I knew you'd get it ;)

Beatrix Conkling if I remember correctly, in the smoking room. Trask instructs her on what to sail on, he's her 'seer' Bit ironic considering both sunk.
Sure you don't want another chance at winning....!?;) here's one for fun anyway.

"Salt or fresh she did not say...damn I wish they'd be more specific" Easy one for ya!

Have fun
Laura
happy.gif

R

Rolf Vonk

Hey Laura,

I wanna take revenge! Please give me a new chance.
You are right about our lovely evil Beatrix (Huh, same name as the Dutch queen!?).

I know the answer to your question. It was the meditating Trask on A deck. He saw things wich I didn't! How nice must it be to see such things. I have a girl in my class and she can also see things wich I do not. She wear a kind of sandals and that's the reason why it looks if she is able to step into the air or walk over the water. She gave me instructions for a lottery and guess..... I'VE WON!!

Well Laura get your chance to win!

"Oh my: I believe I hear running water!"

This sentence was said in pure English. I love it...

Good luck!!

Greetings Rollie
happy.gif

Dec 27, 2000
Dorset
Rollie,

You might have got me, but I refuse to give up just yet! That sentence just doesn't ring a bell! Unless its when I panic in the final hour and never listen to what the passegers say, and i want to get away from them really quickly!

I'm not giving up yet though ;)

Laura
happy.gif

R

Rolf Vonk

Hey Laura!

I'm very curious if you can find it! Please don't give up and listen carefully!

Much greetings Rollie
happy.gif

R

Rolf Vonk

Dear Laura,

Because it's you, I will give a clue! Search for it when the water is raising!

Much luck and greetings,

Rollie
happy.gif

Dec 27, 2000
Dorset
Rollie!,

I got it, I got it! Ribeena Gorse-Jones! I never listen to what they have to say in the final hour, they're so strange those two! That was such a tough question, I thought you had me then!

Which means I'm going to have to find a hard one for you.......

Be prepared
Laura

Dec 27, 2000
Dorset
Rollie,

ok, so this quote shouldn't be hard. I did have a really good one about a lady being able to take her toy pig into her lifeboat, but only Daisy Cashmore would moan about something like that!

"High in sulphur is what he called it"

Its easy, since you were so generous on the last one.
happy.gif
But I'm collating some tough ones! ;)

Good luck
Laura

R

Rolf Vonk

Hey Laura,

Well done! It was indeed Ribeena Gorse-Jones. Didn't you like the conversation! So lovely English.

About your question:
I know I heard the sencance before. My first thought was Lady Georgia, but now I'm sure it must have been Sheila Hacker. She tells you about too much sulphur in the hull or something when you knock on her door in the forward part to F deck. It has something to do with the letter from Mr Conkling. Am I right?!

Well I gonna find a difficult one for ya too!!

Prepare yourself like I did today.

Much greetings,

Rollie
happy.gif

Dec 27, 2000
Dorset
Rollie,

Yep,its in the Conkling's letter about the steel in the Titanic being bad. I knew I wouldn't catch you out!
I wait in anticipation for your question!

Laura

R

Rolf Vonk

Dear Laura,

I feel I'm gonna win! I'm wondering if you can find this one: "We just ended a hymn song in the second class lounge. It's the Titanics first sunday afloat."

Who said that!?

Much greetings,

Rollie
happy.gif

Pedro Soares

Jun 28, 2000
Portugal
Hi people. I have finished that game a long time ago, but I would like to know if it is possible to give all the recovered objects to miss Pringle and stay on the ship to die.
Thank you
Pedro

Dec 27, 2000
Dorset
Pedro,

I don't think it is possible to give all the objects to Pringle and then stay on the ship, even though she says she will take them if the worst comes to the worst. Normally she says it to you several times, but then disappears from the ship.

I also think the game may be slightly different to the real ship, I'm not sure, but its attention to detail in the major areas, e.g Cafe Parisian, is quite scary!

Laura

Status
Not open for further replies.