Titanicother ships sale in New York City in June

G

Gary Robinson

Hello Fellow ET'ers:
I wanted to let you know about what promises to be a very large and interesting sale of Titanic and other ship artifacts and ephemera this June, 2004 in New York City. The auction is being conducted by Guernsey's which has held other major auction events in a variety of collectible fields; they are perhaps best known as the auctioneers who held the SS United States sale back in the 1980's.

Details on their website (see link below) are limited at present but you might want to bookmark
it, as I have, as they promise they'll be updating it periodically. There's also a brief form to fill out to be placed on their mailing list regarding updates, catalogue info, etc.

Click on: http://www.guernseys.com

Thanks! Gary Robinson

Feb 14, 2011
Hi Gary
I have a hunch this will be the most exciting Titanic auctions in years...!

Im sure that the high roller bidders will be there..
All the 'Johnny Come Lately' Titanic buffs that have come and gone since the Cameron film were seldom if ever 'real' buffs, so the hardcore collectors that have been around for years are still around, despite Titanic mania fading down.

NYC is a train hop away for me, so I may very well go to check it out, and perhaps we can have a local ET gathering..

Too bad Im broke,otherwise Id bid, but it may be fun to watch..

Any other ET members planning to attend the auction?

regards

tarn Stephanos

rene bergeron

Jun 16, 2001
Hi Tarn and Gary,
I will be there for sure, and hoping to pick up some good items. When more details are out, we should plan an ET gathering for sure. Does any one else plan on going?

Feb 14, 2011
Hi Rene!
Ill be there, I look forward to meeting you, Gary, Scott and others I have communicated with on many occasions, but have never actually met in person.

I wish i had spare $$$, Id bid like a madman, but all my money is tied up in grad school.

See you there!

regards

Tarn Stephanos

Boston MA

rene bergeron

Jun 16, 2001
Hi Tarn,
same here, looking forward to putting a face with a name. Hopefully more people from ET will come. As for meeting Gary, Scott and myself, just a quick warning, when we get together you never know what to expect.
See ya
Rene Bergeron

Jan 29, 2001
...most exciting TITANIC auction in years??

IMHO, I find the auction of "Lights" memorabilia,
particuraly *a 17 pg. first-hand account*, and handsomely inscribed portrait hard to top.

It don't get much better than that.

But then again there is always that beautiful first-class
vase from TITANIC. Red in color, adorned
with gilt handles...;-)

I am still awstruck by it's beauty...and were're
talk'in 1987!!!

Michael A. Cundiff
USA
("When we do History..we suffer with them")

G

Gary Robinson

Michael: The Lights auction was great but there were only about 10-15 lots of Titanic related items in the whole catalog. Guernsey's has promised this one will have up to 300 lots of Titanic and other ship items included!!!! This one will be one for the record books! Gary Robinson

Jan 29, 2001
Titanic what Gary??

I just can't imagine many more stellar items not already in private hands.

Unless perhaps Stanly Lehrer is parting with some of his precious holdings...

Are consignments still being accepted? I am struggling thru these winter months. A lifetime of working outdoors :-(

Perhaps I can consign a handful of unique and highly rare items.

My AOL anywhere screename is for *whatever* reason currently dormant...it's that damn spam...
I do not have the time or skills to disperse of it. Those people ought to be shot in their efforts to infect this blessed technology.

If they only had a friggin hobby (TITANIC :)

Michael A. Cundiff
USA

Thanks Gary,

Michael A. Cundiff
USA

Mark Baber

Dec 29, 2000
Any other ET members planning to attend the auction?

Maybe. Depends on the date and time, the state of the Stanley Cup playoffs, the phase of the moon and a few other variables. Even if I don't actually attend the auction, I'm sure we in the northern New Jersey area can arrange a dinner meeting with our out-of-town visitors. We've had a bit of practice, and are getting quite good at it.

:)

Feb 14, 2011
Hi Mike
This auction will be stellar, for example, I do know some of the things to be offered are grand staircase paneling, stationary from The Ala carte Resturant and Turkish Baths, etc; a lifeboat nameplate, etc, etc.....

I have a hunch there will be more ' high end' hardcore Titanic items at this auction than any other Titanic auction, and there will be a wide variety too...

Wish I had $ to bid, but it will be exciting to watch..

regards

Tarn Stephanos

Mark Baber

Dec 29, 2000
Hello, folks---

We seem to have two separate threads dealing with this auction: this one and "Major Titanic auction in June" in the "Marketplace". Let's direct all future postings about this to the other thread. This one will now be closed.