Kevin Keating

Apr 1, 2007
I bought TTSM and Peter Davies-Garner's book, but I'm still having trouble finding a suitable complete shell plating plan for my 3D model - or, more specifically, a plan that shows how far apart the windows on A- and B-decks were spaced and how they fit into the frames, especially around the expansion joints. (I saw snippets of the shell plating plan and it's exactly what I'm looking for). I contacted UFTM a while back, not really expecting a response, and, as expected, I haven't heard back from them. Is there a complete shell plating plan available out there, or is it just wishful thinking at this point?

Shame the UFTM doesn't provide copies of their plans to new researchers ...
sad.gif

TimTurner

Dec 11, 2012
How detailed are the NARA blueprints? I'm mostly looking for curiosity sake, but what if for example I wanted to make a computer sim of Titanic's steam system, or electrical grid?

I'm currently in the process of making an interior model in Minecraft, using the plans from All Things TITANIC - Blueprints, however I noticed the plans are not particularly accurate, are fairly low resolution, and don't cover things like engineroom catwalks. Making this model has really keyed up my interest in Titanic's actual configuration. I like the Discovery Channel Blueprints (Discovery Channel :: Titanic), which look more accurate than the Abratis version and are better quality, but again, no engineroom catwalks. Also, no diagrams of the ship's engineering systems. Is Harland and Wolf the only source for these?

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>How detailed are the NARA blueprints? I'm mostly looking for curiosity sake, but what if for example I wanted to make a computer sim of Titanic's steam system, or electrical grid?<<

Then the NARA plans will be useless to you since this is a deck plan and not a working drawing which gives anything like detailed wiring, ventilation, and plumbing diagrams.

SS77

Mar 11, 2013
Deck Plans

Hello there, I'm new to this forum. However, I have a problem accessing quality general arrangement plans for the Titanic. I am reconstruction the ship in a game and have used the general arrangement plans on the discovery channel web site for quite a while, until a few days ago when the URL did not work and the page could not be found. The website is: http://dsc.discovery.com/convergence.../explorer.html. Is anyone else having the problem? I really need some great plans of the ship. The plans used on the web site were the ones by Bruce Beveridge and now that the web site is unavailable, I cannot continue my progress on the reconstruction. I have looked for other plans but they are not very good quality. I also do not want to pay for the Bruce Beveridge plans from his web sites since it cost a lot. Has anyone else found a great set of plans that I may be able to use? I would really apprieciate it :)

[Moderator's note: This message has been moved from a different topic, where it was posted as a new thread. MAB]

Last edited by a moderator:

vadersky94

Mar 28, 2013
I too am building the Titanic in minecraft and was disappointed when Discovery took the plans down. Unfortunately the best option I had was the to buy Titanic: The Ship Magnificent Vol. II. All the deck plans from Bruce are there. It's been useful, easier than keeping a tab open to switch to.

Well the Bruce Beveridge's plans are $39.99 + $6.50 for shipping and handling = $46.49 ≃ €36.26
The Book Titanic: The Ship Magnificent - Vol. II is available on:
- Amazon.uk at £42.50 ≃ €50.24
- Amazon.com at $52.50 ≃ €40.95
- Amazon.de at €57.60
The book has free shipping if you reside in the same country. Anyway, I would spend a few $/£/€ more to have the plans and the book! Are there any differences in the plans comparing the book version and the poster one? Also what kind of paper is it printed on? I would like to take notes on it, and I wouldn't want the paper to be too shiny...

TimTurner

Dec 11, 2012
Lol. I was in the middle of copying the blueprints from the Discovery Channel's website, screenshot by screenshot, then pasting them together. Guess I wasn't fast enough. Probably more cost-effective to buy them from Bruce Beveridge anyway.

Does anyone know where I can get the builder's blueprints? I'd really like to study the engineroom catwalks, steam system, and electrical system if possible. I haven't heard back from Harland and Wolfe or the Ulster Folk and Transport Museum.