TITANIC’S CENTRE PROPELLER: THE STEPHEN PIGOTT EVIDENCE

B

Bob_Read

The evidence that Mark has presented is direct evidence because it pertains directly to Titanic. Any evidence derived from any other ship is indirect evidence. Direct evidence, no matter whether it is photo or documentary, always takes precedence over any kind of indirect evidence. The Titanic documentary evidence takes precedence over any Olympic evidence no matter whether it is photo or documentary evidence. So those who cite Olympic evidence have no evidence which supersedes the Titanic evidence.

Reactions: 3 users

Mike Spooner

Sep 21, 2017
The evidence that Mark has presented is direct evidence because it pertains directly to Titanic. Any evidence derived from any other ship is indirect evidence. Direct evidence, no matter whether it is photo or documentary, always takes precedence over any kind of indirect evidence. The Titanic documentary evidence takes precedence over any Olympic evidence no matter whether it is photo or documentary evidence. So those who cite Olympic evidence have no evidence which supersedes the Titanic evidence.
Bob I am well a wear there were many changes made from Olympic to Titanic as covered in a book: TITIANIC OR OLYMPIC Which Ship Sank? As for any propellers changes there is no mention, That is why we see the photos of Olympic propellers in the dry dock only. How many books do we see of the propellers claiming to be the Titanic. It is only through Mark good work has uncovered documentation that there is a strong case they may well be a different between the two ships of the centre propeller.

Reactions: 1 user

Cam Houseman

Jul 14, 2020
Maryland, USA
Thanks for your very kind comments. I'm pleased the article was of interest.

Mike, the section of the article you allude to is simply looking at Harland & Wolff's completed ships with combination machinery, for both White Star and other owners. Ships built by other builders were excluded from the analysis.

Best wishes
Oh, Mark, I am considering getting your Olympic book. What does it cover? Her History?

Mike Spooner

Sep 21, 2017
Hi Cam, I would recommend Mark book: OLYMPIC TITANIC BRITANNIC full of useful information on all three ships and other WSL ships to.

Mike Spooner

Sep 21, 2017
To follow up on the three centre bladed propeller for Titanic which Mark has uncovered with proved paper work from H&W shipyard. For those who think Titanic had a four bladed propeller, where is the prove paper work as Mark did?
This subject is also covered in Sam Halpern book: REPORT INTO THE LOSS OF THE SS TITANIC. Page 55 in my book.
The Olympic was changed from a four bladed to a three bladed in March 1913 and changed back to a four bladed in 1919.
I am not to sure why it was change back. All I can think it was a smother running for a passenger ship.

Jan 5, 2001
Oh, Mark, I am considering getting your Olympic book. What does it cover? Her History?
Thanks.

Yes, it's a comprehensive history of her service in peace and war. There's a full description on my website with reviews and some sample pages.

Hi Cam, I would recommend Mark book: OLYMPIC TITANIC BRITANNIC full of useful information on all three ships and other WSL ships to.
Thanks Mike. I think I signed your copy for you at Southampton in 2019!

For those who think Titanic had a four bladed propeller, where is the prove paper work as Mark did?

This is the key question, Mike.

Anyone claiming Titanic had a 4-bladed centre propeller needs to provide evidence to support their claims.

Reactions: 2 users

Mike Spooner

Sep 21, 2017
Thanks.

Yes, it's a comprehensive history of her service in peace and war. There's a full description on my website with reviews and some sample pages.

Thanks Mike. I think I signed your copy for you at Southampton in 2019!

This is the key question, Mike.

Anyone claiming Titanic had a 4-bladed centre propeller needs to provide evidence to support their claims.
Yes Mark you did sign my book at Southampton with thanks