Titanic's death

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 8, 2004
I don't think we could ever say with certainty if Titanic broke in two at the surface. Perhaps it happened beneath. One theory I made though not very likely is that the stern section imploding or exploding caused the stern to separate from the bow section. Also I believe that the stern section actually exploded rather then imploded as many believe. The stern of course was not fully filled with water when it sank, so the water and air inside caused massive pressure and I don't think it was at a deep enough depth to be crushed by the pressure of the water, however the pressure building inside was intense and eventually popped and caused the damage we know today. The explosion caused the poop deck to curl back on itself.

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
If you're really interested in the forensics of how the ship sank, you might want to check out Roy Mengot's The Wreck of the RMS Titanic On the matter of the breakup, it's highly probable that the ship broke up on the surface and if you check out Day 8 of the U.S. Senate Inquiry you'll see a number of sworn statements to the effect. For a nice one stop shop of statements and testimony regarding the break up...and attempts by the Mersey Wreck Commission to cover up same, you may want to click on The Facts by Bill Wormstedt.

Hope this helps clearify things.

Status
Not open for further replies.