Titanic's First Class Lounge

• Thread starter Brian R Peterson
  • Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>nobody has some plans or knows that color was the windows of lounge?<<

If they do, any such surviving plans not in the custody of a museum or historical foundation are probably in the hands of private collecters. If they wish to share them, they haven't done anything about it.

Damon Hill

Jun 13, 2004
There are color photos of the Lounge windows from Olympic available in the books "Titanic an Illustrated History" and "Titanic and her sisters Olympic and Britannic". The glass in the main part of the window wasn't coloured as such but was probably frosted a little, or maybe just plain. The upper sections of the window had little pictures of figures in them which had amber coloured sections of glass included in the design.

S

Scott R. Andrews

Giovanni,

Try www.amazon.com; they sell and ship to most international destinations, including Mexico.

Regards,
Scott Andrews

J

João Carlos Pereira Martins

Does anybody know of what colour the lounge curtains were? have the idea they were bege or pale green but can anybody confirm this?

Regards, João

Damon Hill

Jun 13, 2004
I don't know what colour they were, but they look to have been fairly light-weight fabric judging by the amount of sun-light that is coming through them in the photos of Olympic's lounge.

J

Thanks for the info Damon! Yes, I noticed they were of a light colour at least.

Best regards,João

J

Thanks both Daniel and Vitezlav for the suggestions.

I search for the hotel you mentioned and yes they are definately windows from an Olympic class ship.

Here it is:
http://www.pottsoft.com/home/titanic/white_swan.html

And what interesting of you to call me "Giovanni". In portuguese my name origins several nicknames but nobody had already called my name in Italian.

Regards, João

J

"... - my post above was adressed to Giovanni Castro, not for you".

Ah, ok, sorry... Giovanni is João in Italian.
But your answer to him serve for me as well!

Sorry Giovanni!

Regards, João

D

Diego Uriol

Hello everybody!
I was visiting a web site, which name I don't remember but I saw a rare photo supposedly of the First Class Lounge.

first_class_lounge.jpg

Could anybody help me, please?
Any help will be appreciated.
Best Regards,
Diego

Status
Not open for further replies.