Titanic's generating sets

Mike Spooner

Jan 31, 2018
Dave.
I hope you have a good source of steam on hand! I am only thinking the problems they had at Kempton Steam Museum, were all the original super heated dry steam boilers were scraped. They had to raise a found for a modern gas steam boiler and a building to house the item. The heating of the water is far from a straight forward were a process is required to remove all impurities and add an inhibitors to prevent rust entering the engine.
I don't known were live, but if you are ever down at Kempton Park race course near Heathrow way I can show you round on a Tuesday or Thursday, but as a non steam up. Even better still on one of the steaming up weekends. Next one in May 18-19. I can't make the 19th Sunday myself.
The next ones are in June, September, October and November.

Mike.

Apr 30, 2019
Radcliffe manchester
Hi Mike, I loaned the engine to ellenroad steam museum so steam wouldn't be a problem, but the engine has been left outside and is now in need of restoration which I am planning to start myself over the summer, thanks for the offer to see the engines at kempton I will try and get down sometime over the summer, I am in Radcliffe manchester, Dave

Rancor

Jun 23, 2017
Hi Mike, I loaned the engine to ellenroad steam museum so steam wouldn't be a problem, but the engine has been left outside and is now in need of restoration which I am planning to start myself over the summer, thanks for the offer to see the engines at kempton I will try and get down sometime over the summer, I am in Radcliffe manchester, Dave
Best of luck, would love to see updates as you go if possible!