TMRA site (titanic-model.com) is down

Jun 18, 2016
Hey folks,

Was just on their site the other day, and now am getting a message from the Paralells H-Sphere Account:

"Account suspended
Account for domain titanic-model.com has been suspended"

Anyone know what's going on with those guys?
Are they moving or having host/server issues?

Cheers,

Kodos//
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Mister Lowe! Take a bosun's party and a Master-at-Arms, and get those children off the forepeak railing at once!"

Sauli.

Apr 3, 2018
As informative as the site has been, it had it's problems and this comes no surprise. Let's hope that it's only temporary.

Sauli.

Apr 3, 2018
Something very strange happened in TRMA about two years ago, I think. Art announced the new trustees of the site. Brian Flynn, Matt O'Brien and John Hodge. After that, I never saw those people contributing to the site anymore..it seemed that they vanished into thin air. And again after that, the site got quieter and quieter.. I don't know if this is the result of all that.

Dave Gittins

Apr 11, 2001
The last capture on the Wayback Machine in Feb 2018 shows the trustees as I gave them above. The entire site seems to be there. According to whois.com, the domain name is registered until 31 July 2019. Fishy!

Mar 18, 2008
Germany
From what I was told the point is that no one knows who is the owner of it and someone cancelled it without warning. The trustees themselves seem not to know who it was and what happened.

Jack Raby

Jan 10, 2019
It's not the first time interesting websites disappear suddenly so I usually keep copies of the ones I find useful. That's why I've made a copy of the TRMA site in December 2017. I can post a link to it, should anyone be interested.

Reactions: 1 user
Jan 23, 2019
Ironically, I was having a conversation recently about how we need to take the internet seriously as a study in archaeology. Most of our culture and history no longer has a physical form, instead taking place in a language of 1s and 0s stored on small boxes. The wayback machine is probably going to prove to be very useful someday.

On topic, I sincerely hope it comes back and is able to be restored.

Doug Geiger

Feb 25, 2019
Here is the link to my copy of the TRMA website (Zip file 500Mb).

Jack: i just tried to download the file, but got nothing. Could you please send me a private copy to gmry@comcast.net? Or show me where to download the file? thanks!