To all fellow researchers

J

Jemma Hyder

Hi everyone,

I'm paying a visit to the Family History Centre very soon to deliver a couple of forms is anyone needing any little bits done?

Cheers

Jemma

J

James Douglas Smith

Umm . . . Family History Centre . . . is that a place in Britain, or are you referring to the Family History Center in Salt Lake City, Utah?

Jim

J

Jemma Hyder

James,

The Family History Centre in London, It holds indexes for all births deaths and in England and Wales since 1837 (In theory lol)

Cheers

Jemma

A

Addison Hart

Well, if you wouldn't mind could you please look up Daniel Buckley, who was a Third Class Passenger from Ireland on Titanic, and survived the sinking, only to die in the final year of WWI?

Thanks,
God bless,
Addison Hart

A

Addison Hart

Whoops! Ack! Jemma, I should think Dan Buckley wouldn't be there actually, unless he was mortally wounded and went back to the Isles, so please don't go looking for that!

Sorry!
Addison

J

Jemma Hyder

Addison,

At that time (not positive about this) he might still have been fighting for the British army so it might be worth a shot?

Cheers

Jemma

A

Addison Hart

Yes, he was very definantly fighting for the British Army. I'm pretty certain he was killed by a gas attack in the trenches, but not entirely sure.

God bless,
Addison

Chris Dohany

Dec 12, 1999
Addison,
According to Molony in "The Irish Aboard Titanic," Buckley had enlisted with the U.S. Army and was reported killed by a sniper in France.

A

Addison Hart

Ah, right, well that clears it up, thank you, Chris.

God bless,
Addison Hart

P

peterbullock

I am trying to find information about a Arthur Priest he was my grandad he was on board the great ship when it sank, he was one of the survivers,he was one of the firemen,also is there some one who knows where he is buried i would like to know.

Chris Dohany

Dec 12, 1999
Peter,
Arthur John Priest is buried in the Hollybrook Cemetery, in Shirley, Southampton.
(from Brian Ticehurst's "Titanic Memorials World-Wide")

C

Colin John James

Phil, you was right about the 1901 census being slow. It was open for 2 days-Jan 2 to Jan 4.

It is still out of use and for the next few weeks.
We wont hold our breath then at being able to get on it.

regards Colin

J

Jemma Hyder

Speaking of arthur Priest he was apparently friends with the Jack Dawson on board and he had a tattoo of I think a union jack on his arm If I am thinking of the right guy

Cheers

Jemma

Beth Barber

Jun 7, 2001
Thats ok Jemma - I can easily see how one would say Jack instead of Joseph. I heard that James Cameron said he wasn't even aware that there was a real J. Dawson that had been on Titanic. - Beth in SC

Mar 10, 1998
I can't find any documentation that Priest and Dawson were really brother's-in-law. Although it does appear that Dawson and Priest's sister were engaged, no marriage license is on file for them according to record depositories in England and Ireland.

J

Jemma Hyder

Beth,

That's what I get for posting messages at 7am lol.

Phillip,

I haven't been able to find it either. It's been an intention of mine to dig deeper on that one for a while but it's behind about a million other things I need to sort out first! I had a relative contact me I can't remember through what channel though do you know of them?

Cheers

Jemma

Dec 31, 2000
Isn't this the same Priest who also survived the sinking of the Britannic?

Beverly
happy.gif