Tony Robinson James Cameron Christmas Channel 4 Doco

Mar 28, 2002
Well, apparently, this aired in August on Britain's Channel 4 but I never heard about it! (unless it was rescheduled to now).

Time Team's Tony Robinson and James Cameron pair up for a Christmas Adventure to be aired over Christmas on Channel 4. I forget the date because I'm rubbish like that.

UK Channel 4 — Discovery Dive

29 July 2005

Tony Robinson (a.k.a. ‘Baldrick' of Blackadder fame) a well known London based writer, TV personality and presenter recently journeyed to Titanic with James Cameron. Robinson, who fronts several British TV documentary type programmes spent 10 days on the Titanic site with a 5 man support team, both on Keldysh and on another support ship, the Newfoundland-based ‘Sikuk'. The team will finalize filming back in Britain before their 2-hour Titanic documentary goes to air in Britain on Channel 4 on 18 th August 2005. Robinson (who dived the famous wreck with Cameron on the final day of the expedition that culminated in the 2 hour live broadcast for Discovery Channel) thought that British audiences would respond well to a British made Titanic documentary, particularly as British links with the wreck are still strong and it has been some time since a UK based production has been made.

- from www.deepoceanexpeditions.com

Cheers,

Boz

Reactions: 1 user
Mar 28, 2002
Cheers Ernie. I saw it in someone else's copy of Radio Times and couldn't remember when it was on. There's another Titanic programme on as well over Christmas apart from this and the Tony Robinson / James Cameron doco.

Cheers,

Boz

Ernie Luck

Nov 24, 2004
I might be wrong, Ryan, but I don't think it's been shown before. I stand to be corrected.

It's not indicated as a 'repeat' in the Radio Times magazine.

Aug 15, 2005
Darwen, United Kingdom
Well, I was just going by the top of Boz's first post where he says Apparently it was screened in August...
He doesn't mention anything else, there. Some kind of hearsay going on there, probably.

Regards, Ryan.

david wilson

Feb 17, 2004
I've just watched "Titanic"birth of a legend,the unexpurgated version.I was not impressed!I don't know what all the fuss was about,regarding the political crap.Hitting somebody on the leg with a shipwrights maul palls into insignificence to what they did to each other in the seventies.Thankfully this didn't happen in H&W.
I would suggest that we move on from that subject,please.Regarding the movie,it didn't show anything that we don't already know.
regards.
dw.

Ernie Luck

Nov 24, 2004
Hi David

Well that's the way of the world. Things get hyped-up and then don't come up to expectation.

We will be able to make our own minds up when it is shown in the UK on 29th Dec.

Steve Olguin

Mar 31, 2005
If its anything close to what we here in America saw, you'll be in for a treat. I would watch "Titanic" before watching this as there are things Cameron and his team did in the movie that have now turned out to be true since more exploration of the cabins was done this time.

Ernie Luck

Nov 24, 2004
Steve, I am surprised that Tony Robinson / James Cameron's 'Titanic Adventure' had been seen else where. Is that the one you are referring to. In the UK it is scheduled for Tuesday 20th Dec.

Steve Olguin

Mar 31, 2005
Hey Ernie,
What we saw here was a live telecast called "Last Mysteries of the Titanic". I don't think they are the same thing, but considering that it was shot at roughly the same time, I am sure many of the new finds will appear or be mentioned in the UK produced version. Parks Stephenson would know more about this than me, maybe he can chime in.

Jan 29, 2005
Hello everybody,

Is anybody recording this onto VHS or DVD? I'd really appreciate a copy, if anyone is willing to make one, could they please email me at we1330@yahoo.co.uk . I'll fully reimburse all costs.

Very Best Wishes,
Bob.

Nov 26, 2005
>>Let's do a list of the ET members we've seen on this programme. I've seen Parks Stevenson so far.<<

Ken Marschall (although he doesn't post much for obvious reasons) was also on the programme.

I've not heard of Don Lynch being a member, but that doesn't mean he isn't. He just may be under a different name, (again, for obvious reasons).

Mike Bull

Dec 23, 2000
Thoroughly enjoyed this last night- my first glimpse- at last!- of all the goodies found by JC this year. Great stuff!

M

michelle rowlett

not to sure if this is the right place to post this as im very new at this so here goes. I was watching James Cameron last night on tv in a documentary where he supposedly was taking his final dive down to the wreck . I heard him say that he thought it would have been possible to offload some of the passengers onto the iceberg itself that night , giving them a good chance of survival until help came. I have never heard that before, is it just my ignorance ? Help.

Jan 28, 2003
Hello Michelle,
I'm assuming you're in the UK, and that you watched the Tony Robinson / JC documentary last night, so I'm moving this to the Titanic on TV folder where there is a thread discussing it.

Your post could actually have joined some discussion on this topic which has taken place, but I can't find it! Even the moderators get confused, you see, as this sort of question can crop up in a number of different threads. From my memory, most members here were rather doubtful about this idea. It would depend if the iceberg had a reasonably flat shelf near to sea level, wouldn't it? And it was so dark, most people could only see the lit-up Titanic, never mind row to an iceberg nobody seemed able to see after it drifted astern. Not to mention trying to get women in hobble skirts and leather-soled shoes, young children etc. onto slippery ice.... Cameron looks pretty fit to me, so perhaps he was really thinking that he could have got onto an iceberg?

Martin Pirrie

Dec 30, 2000
Cameron had the idea of somehow swinging the passengers onto the iceberg using one of the deck cranes! His other suggestion was that Titanic could have been driven in reverse towards the light seen on the horizon.

Ernie Luck

Nov 24, 2004
Hello Robert,

This programme is being repeated on the new UK Freeview More4 channel on Friday 30 Dec. at 7.25pm. Hope this helps.