Trafford center

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 5, 2007
Where i live there is this mall called the Trafford center and they have this food court which is a recreation of a steamship ive always thought it was the Titanic has anyone ever been there who can tell me if this is right or wrong?

P.S it is definetly a white star ship as it has a yellow funnel

Dec 13, 1999
As a regular Trafford Centre visitor, I'm well versed with it! I think it was just their intention to create a ship mock up. I don't think they set out to create Titanic as it's far too modern a setting. Must admit I was a bit surprised when I first saw it though!

Dec 29, 2006
Witney
Several shipping companies had buff funnels with black tops, including many of the British railway companies. This livery scheme was by no means confined to the White Star line. It seems odd to have a nautical theme in Manchester - or is there some connection with the Manchester Ship Canal?

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
If somebody has a personal photo, it might help if you upload it to the site. My own bet...sight unseen...is that what's there is a bit generic in character and not intended to resemble any one particular ship.

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
It's the good ship Bitsa (bitsa this, bitsa that), but I'd say the designers were working mainly from photos of the Queen Mary.

Dec 29, 2006
Witney
The Trafford Centre development in Manchester's "dock land" and, presumably for that reason, the architecture was given the ocean liner treatment, complete with dome, grand staircase and a buff funnel. I think the Germans call this type of architecture "kitsch".

Feb 5, 2007
I found a picture on the site i found it on it said "Take a trip on the Titanic at the Trafford center" Allthough the guy who made it probably dosent know a lot about the Titanic
118701.jpg

For those that realy want to see it i found this video on Youtube the person that is filming it is doing so from the "Lifeboat" Level at the top
http://youtube.com/watch?v=pda-8SQ50dQ

Much Better Picture

http://community.iexplore.com/photogallery/displayFeaturePhoto.asp?ID=145295

Status
Not open for further replies.