Trimmer A Hebb

• Thread starter kelly marie donohoe
  • Start date

K

kelly marie donohoe

I am very fortunate to have such history in my family. I have Albert and Thomas Hunt and as far as my grandad is oncerned someone in his mothers side worked on the titanic as well someone Hebb, does anyone know of him, he was either a fireman or a trimmer?

A

Andrew Williams

Kelly!

The same applies for Hebb like I've confirmed earlier with Albert Hunt.

Best wishes

Andrew W.

Dec 6, 2000
Kelly,

A. Herb was a trimmer. On the Signing-on Sheets his age is listed as 20 and his address is given as 5 Bells Court, Southampton. His monthly wage is given as 5 pounds 10s. He survived the sinking.

I hope that helps,
Lester

Apr 2, 2006
Hi Kelly
As I am a new member I have only just read your message regarding my grandfather Albert William Hebb, He was a Trimmer on the Titanic, He survived the sinking on top of the upturned collapsible B lifeboat, I believe he may have been Albert and Thomas Hunts brother in law.Please reply

Mark Baber

Dec 29, 2000
Hello, Anthony---

Please note that Kelly's message was posted nearly four years ago and that she's no longer a registered member of this board. You may well not get a response from her.

P

paula atkinson

Dear Mark
Thankyou for the reply to my father's message Anthony Morris. Any suggestions as to where we go from here. We would love to talk to anyone with any information regarding Albert William Hebb.

P

paula atkinson

Dear Lester
I am Albert William Hebb's great grandaughter, I have some personal documentation that records his address at the time of boarding the Titanic as Princes Street, Southampton. I am very new to this research, do you know where I could find further information, or speak to those who do appear to have posted messages that relate to Hebb.

Dec 6, 2000
Hello Paula,

I can only repeat that when Herb signed on his address was recorded as 5 Bells Court. That information is contained in document BT 100/259 which is generally referred to as the Signing-on sheets. On the opening page of this web-site under People, go to Other Groups and then the the Signing-on sheets. Under Engine Dept Book 1 go down to line 83. Prior to serving on the Titanic he had served on the Olympic.

When I can locate a copy of the pages containing the final pay received by the surviving Crew I will look to see if it also contains addresses and if so what address is recorded. - Would you like me to see if I can scan and post a copy of his signature?

There is some information on a CD: Titanic People by Graig Stringer. It includes the information that your great-grandfather continued to serve at sea. - On the Armenia in 1919 and later on the Mauretania, the Homeric and the Olympic. - Craig also gives 5 Bells Court.

Hope that helps,
Lester

Dec 6, 2000
Hello Paula,

The final pay and discharge signature are in document BT 100/260. Copy attached. - No address is given. - I have also scanned and attach his sign-on signature.
105903.jpg

105904.jpg

julie

Feb 11, 2011
Does anyone have any info on A. Hebb. I believe he is relation but need a name?? Or any info, pics or etc.

Senan Molony

Jan 30, 2004
Dublin
207522.jpg

[Moderator's note: This message and the one above it, originally a separate thread in a different subtopic, have been moved to this pre-existing thread discussing the same person. MAB]

Apr 27, 2003
This may help a bit.
Cheers Brian

HEBB, A. Saved in Lifeboat number B. Lived at 5 Bell's Court,, Southampton. Occupation - Trimmer. 20 years old. (Born in Hampshire). Ship before the RMS Titanic was the RMS Olympic.
Was paid £7 16 6d in expenses to attend the British Titanic Enquiry in London. A. Hebb, called William Albert Hebb, born 1889 died 16th June 1932. He turned to drink after the disaster and died of liver cirrhosis as a result. He was 42 when he passed away. His sister Elizabeth married fellow Titanic Crewman Arthur Hunt and between them they had 12 children.
Hebb William Albert - Southampton, Hampshire, England - June 16, 1932
There is a Albert William Hebb who was buried 21st June 1932 aged 42 years old and died at 3 St. Georges Place, Southampton.
Buried at Hollybrook Cemetery, Shirley, Southampton, Plot A010 162.

Jan 9, 2011
Albert and Tom hunt were my 2nd Cousins. (my nans nephews) We always thought there were three brothers on the titanic, but have not been able to find the 3rd. I have since found out that Albert Hebb was a brother in law. I remember visiting family in Southampton as a child but we have lost touch now. I would love to talk to anyone who could help me. The names Sylvester and Silvanus were always mentioned by my Mum. Can anyone help?

Nov 27, 2005
Elizabeth Hebb (sister of Albert Hebb) married Sylvanus Albert Hunt. Sylvanus went by the name Albert. I have 7 children in the Hunt family:
Gertrude Elizabeth, Beatrice Fanny, Thomas, Sylvester, Sylvanus Albert, Emily Rose and James Isaac. The parents were Isaac Hunt and Ellen Wellstead. Thomas and Sylvanus Albert were on the Titanic along with Albert Hebb.

Jan 9, 2011
Hi David, Thank you so much for your post. Are you a relative? Our family have always thought that Sylvester and Sylvanus were on the titanic alongside Tom. They were my second cousins on my Mums side. Do you have any other information about the Hunt family? Or have you ways I can continue to search. I also would like to know any information I can find out about Rose Hunt.....Emily Rose?

Senan Molony

Jan 30, 2004
Dublin
Two Hunts, Hebb and Pragnell are picture on the back page of the Daily Sketch on Tuesday April 30, 1912.

Hebb is holding a child and there is a woman standing alongside with her left arm over his shoulder.

Quite intriguing.

Dag Bertelsen

Oct 10, 2010
I am about to writing a book about my grandfather Albert Moss rescued by collepsible B. I intend til include some words on the other men on the raft, among them Albert Hebb.

Can anyone tell who were his parents, siblings, wife and children and other important facts about him?

A

Antony Brown

The Young girl sitting on this mans lap is My Grandmother Rose Bathia Jones who died in 1976. She had three children Doreen Jones and Dorothy Jones and William Jones. All lived in Southampton.for more info contact me