Trimmer Percival Albert Blake urgent request

Percival Albert Blake was a trimmer from the Titanic, and like so may other crew members, he resided in Southampton. On the night of 14/15th April 1912, Percival survived the Titanic disaster by escaping in lifeboat 15. It is believed, he continued to work for the White Star Line following the catastrophe, and he remained a resident of Hampshire until his death in the late 1960's. Percival Blake bequeathed a number of documents relating to his career, including a Discharge Book and a rare photo of him standing with other surviving Titanic crew members. For reasons not entirely clear, does anyone know the current whereabouts of these items, as his family would like to have them returned?

John - Ref your enquiry about Percival Albert Blake - recently while looking at some old videos trying to trace something else I remembered seeing the Discharge Book you mention displayed in an exhibition case by the British Titanic Society (then Joint Secretary) Steve Rigby at their 1998 Convention at the Southampton Hilton Hotel - it shows Steve Rigby actually showing the book to the well known BBC Auctioneer Lars Tharp and they are discussing it.
The video I have was taped from the Channel Five documentary call Titanic Tales - I hope you have a copy?.
I hope this information is of some use?
Cheers Brian

Hello Brian, yes, I do indeed have a copy of the Titanic Tales documentary (thanks), and had already noted the parts you mention. Do you know that pictures of the Percival Blake Discharge Book and crew photograph are also published in the Leo Marriot book, Titanic? In anticipation of your next question; Steve Rigby from the BTS, told me these items were returned to the Blake family, but unfortunately, they mysteriously disappeared in transit and were never received (!). Given the material and sentimental value of these items the Blake family are understandably very upset about it. If anyone could shed some light on the current whereabouts of these items, I would much appreciate it…

Wellow

Seeking any information on Percival Albert Blake especially his place of birth or any of his siblings.I am researching the Blake family and family lore states that Percival (aka Patrick) is related to the family I am researching any info would be greatfully received.
Percival Albert Blake was my great uncle (his sister Millicent May Blake was my grandmother). Their parents were Edwin Oscar Blake and his wife Martha Brown. Percy was born on 16 Oct. 1889 and Millicent May was born on 27 March 1891 at 15 Granville Street, Winchester. They had two siblings, Edwin b. 1885 and Reginald b. 1896, by which time the family had moved to Southampton.
My grandmother rarely talked about Percy in her later years and my mother, who was born in 1918, didn't remember ever meeting him. But when she was a child the Titanic and Uncle Percy were talked about sometimes. Initially the family were told he had died but a few days later he appeared on a survivor's list. I know that Percy never married and didn't have much contact with his family as time went by. He died in Gosport, Hampshire on 15 Sep. 1968.

Wellow

Percival Albert Blake was my great uncle (his sister Millicent May Blake was my grandmother). Their parents were Edwin Oscar Blake and his wife Martha Brown. Percy was born on 16 Oct. 1889 and Millicent May was born on 27 March 1891 at 15 Granville Street, Winchester. They had two siblings, Edwin b. 1885 and Reginald b. 1896, by which time the family had moved to Southampton.
My grandmother rarely talked about Percy in her later years and my mother, who was born in 1918, didn't remember ever meeting him. But when she was a child the Titanic and Uncle Percy were talked about sometimes. Initially the family were told he had died but a few days later he appeared on a survivor's list. I know that Percy never married and didn't have much contact with his family as time went by. He died in Gosport, Hampshire on 15 Sep. 1968.
Apologies, I've just realised I posted the incorrect name for Percy Blake's mother. His mother (Edwin Oscar Blake's wife) was Clara Cartwright. The name I originally posted, Martha Brown, was Edwin Oscar Blake's mother.