Trumpeter 1/200 Scale

BobinMaine

Feb 27, 2020
So, after much debate (actually, no, not much at all!), I'm ordering my 1/200 Trumpeter. I have a few questions (if you'll indulge me?)
1.) I've looked at many, many models of Titanic and quite a few of them show the hull painted in a gloss paint. I believe that either a flat paint or semi-gloss would better portray the ship. The same with the super structure, a flat white (or possibly a satin or semi?).
2.) I have read that this model doesn't even pretend to have the rigging. Could anyone recommend an accurate plan?
3.) With the enclosed color chart, do you all agree with it? I just don't want to purchase a bunch of wrong colors.

Thanks for ANY input! GREAT GROUP!
Bob

Charley Smith

Jan 11, 2017
Norfolk, Virginia, USA

This Facebook group is a wonderful forum specifically dedicated to the Trumpeter 1/200 Titanic where the latest details, methods, colors, accuracy improvements are discussed

Reactions: 1 user

Bob_Read

May 9, 2019
USA
Charley Smith: I hate that Titanic group. The group’s originator is its only moderator and he requires all new posts to be approved by him before they appear. I had to wait four hours to get a new post approved! I complained about it to him and he banned me from the group! There are much better Titanic modeling sites out there.

Reactions: 1 user