TV One Liners

Chad Goodwin

Aug 2, 2006
I was in a play in High school called NOISES OFF......there was an older character who would go on long tangents......my line was "its like the band playing on as the Titanic sank"....I also remember a joke from when I was younger.....what does Joan Collins and the Titanic have in common......Both had hundreds go down on them

Ernie Luck

Nov 24, 2004
'Re-arranging the deck chairs on Titanic' seems a very apt phrase in political circles at the moment, especially here in the UK.

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>'Re-arranging the deck chairs on Titanic' seems a very apt phrase in political circles at the moment, especially here in the UK.<<

Or Wall Street. I'm just waiting for some of the usual sort of cartoons to show up in the editorial pages.

Beth Barber

Jun 7, 2001
I believe I just recently saw one in the editorial page here in Charleston due to the recent "financial crisis" - I'll have to see if I still have the paper and scan it and post it here. - Beth

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>I'll have to see if I still have the paper and scan it and post it here. - Beth<<

Don't forget to obtain the permissions. Copyright issues apply. If you can't get that, you may need to try and find it on the 'net and give us a link. I'd like to see it.

Hope your 401k and kids' collage fund isn't tanking along with the markets.

Beth Barber

Jun 7, 2001
thanks for reminding me about copyright issues and such - I'll try to find a link to the paper.....

I am afraid to go look at my thrift savings.....
happy.gif

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>I am afraid to go look at my thrift savings..... <<

Awwwwwwwww...c'mon now! You didn't really want to go on that round the world cruise? You didn't really want to be able to afford to send your kids to collage? You didn't really want to be able to afford a nice comfortable retirement...did you?

Ohhhh....you did?

Ooops! Perhaps you can take up "contract work" for Vito and "The Boys."
evil.gif
Seems a better bet then AIG or Fannie Mea!

Beth Barber

Jun 7, 2001
Hey Michael - I actually went and looked at my TSP today - wasn't too bad! (not that I udnerstand much where everything is going and all that - I just looked at the bottom line.....)
happy.gif
-beth

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>Hey Michael - I actually went and looked at my TSP today - wasn't too bad!<<

My portfolio and 401k has been taking it in the shorts but mostly because my stock has lost half of it's value over the past year and a half. Since I'm in it for the long haul, and the company is pretty solid, I'm not too worried about it. Things manage to sort themselves out once sanity takes hold and eventually, it does.

Beth Barber

Jun 7, 2001
Michael - just recently looked at my TSP - all I can say (and not risk my post not being posted and possibly losing my membership) is UGH!!! - Beth
sad.gif

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>Michael - just recently looked at my TSP - all I can say (and not risk my post not being posted and possibly losing my membership) is UGH!!! <<

If you've been following the news stories I've been finding and following up on them, you know why. My own stock is taking a beating but I'm going to hang on to it. The funny thing about economic slumps is that eventually, things work out and they go away. If you're in for the short term, that's not much consolation. If you're in for the long haul, then it's an opportunity to get some good stocks while they're cheap.