Two or Three Stewardess Deaths

Jul 10, 2009
I see a three names for female

I see a three names for female crew who died. A Mrs. Snape, and Two Mrs. Wallises. Was this a mistake or were they related?

Jul 10, 2009
Oh, Thanks For Clearing That Up. But, I notice that on this site, It does list two stewardesses with the maiden name of Catherine Jane Moore (One is spelled with a K). Is this a mistake???

Dec 6, 2000
Hi Mike,

Looking at the entries, it seems that there is a confusion of informations. My understanding is: Catherine Jane [nee Moore] Wallis was the Matron; and Miss Catherine Walsh was a stewardess. She is not listed on this site.

The address [57 Church Road] given on this web-site for Mrs/Miss Richard James Wallis [Katherine Jane Moore] is the one listed in the US Senate Crew list as being the address of Miss Walsh. Mrs Wallis' address is given as 23 St Marys Street.

I hope this helps. If so please explain it to me.

Regards,
Lester

Dec 6, 2000
So was I after I read the two Wallis entries. I believe that the best thing is to ignore them and accept as per other Crew Lists: Miss Walsh and Mrs Wallis. So two stewardesses: Mrs Snape and Miss Walsh; and Titanic's Matron, Mrs Wallis died.

Lester