"Underwater Breakup"-No

Cam Houseman

Jul 14, 2020
Maryland, USA
Hi!
I disagree with the Underwater breakup scenario, put forth by "documentaries" such as "Drain the Titanic"
The evidence supports a surface breakup. Such as Survivors supporting this. People on the Stern who felt the Stern level out. People who SAW an even break!

Reactions: 1 users

Kyle Naber

Oct 5, 2016
Definitely. Way too big of a coincidence that some said they saw a break, and the bow and stern section are separated on the sea floor.

Reactions: 1 users
Nov 28, 2020
i have evidence to back you up
the survivor accounts clearly say that she broke up on the surface
Frank Osman, Seaman in Lifeboat 2
Mr. OSMAN. We pulled astern that way again, and after we got astern we lay on our oars and saw the ship go down. After she got to a certain angle she exploded, broke in halves, and it seemed to me as if all the engines and everything that was in the after part slid out into the forward part, and the after part came up right again, and as soon as it came up right down it went again.
George Frederick Crowe, Steward in Lifeboat 14
Senator BOURNE. Did you see the ship sink? Mr. CROWE. I did, sir. Senator BOURNE. Would you explain in your own way how it appeared to you? Mr. CROWE. After getting clear of the ship the lights were still burning very bright, but as we got away she seemed to go lower and lower, and she almost stood up perpendicular, and her lights went dim, and presently she broke clean in two, probably two-thirds of the length of the ship. Senator BOURNE. That is, two-thirds out of the water or two-thirds in the water? Mr. CROWE. Two-thirds in the water, one-third of the aft funnel sticking up. Senator BOURNE. How long did that third stick up? Mr. CROWE. After she floated back again. Senator BOURNE. She floated back? Mr. CROWE. She broke, and the after part floated back. Senator BOURNE. And the bow part, two-thirds of the ship, sank. Mr. CROWE. Yes, sir; then there was an explosion, and the aft part turned on end and sank.
ugh the ignorance of some people

Reactions: 2 users

Cam Houseman

Jul 14, 2020
Maryland, USA
i have evidence to back you up
the survivor accounts clearly say that she broke up on the surface
Frank Osman, Seaman in Lifeboat 2
Mr. OSMAN. We pulled astern that way again, and after we got astern we lay on our oars and saw the ship go down. After she got to a certain angle she exploded, broke in halves, and it seemed to me as if all the engines and everything that was in the after part slid out into the forward part, and the after part came up right again, and as soon as it came up right down it went again.
George Frederick Crowe, Steward in Lifeboat 14
Senator BOURNE. Did you see the ship sink? Mr. CROWE. I did, sir. Senator BOURNE. Would you explain in your own way how it appeared to you? Mr. CROWE. After getting clear of the ship the lights were still burning very bright, but as we got away she seemed to go lower and lower, and she almost stood up perpendicular, and her lights went dim, and presently she broke clean in two, probably two-thirds of the length of the ship. Senator BOURNE. That is, two-thirds out of the water or two-thirds in the water? Mr. CROWE. Two-thirds in the water, one-third of the aft funnel sticking up. Senator BOURNE. How long did that third stick up? Mr. CROWE. After she floated back again. Senator BOURNE. She floated back? Mr. CROWE. She broke, and the after part floated back. Senator BOURNE. And the bow part, two-thirds of the ship, sank. Mr. CROWE. Yes, sir; then there was an explosion, and the aft part turned on end and sank.
ugh the ignorance of some people
thanks!

"ugh the ignorance of some people"
people believe what they want to believe, which is ok

Paul Burrell

Dec 23, 2017
The accepted version until 1985 that Titanic did not break up on the surface seems to have been driven by the fact that Lightoller (as senior surviving officer) denied it happened that way. It is likely that by the time of the start of the breakup Lightoller was working on the collapsible boats and shortly after in the water struggling to survive and reach collapsible B.

Reactions: 2 users