Unsinkable

Dave Hudson

Apr 15, 2011
Fiona,
If there was any misunderstanding, I was the one that started it. i was the one that assumed that Jason meant Teri. SORRY TO EVERYONE INVOLVED!!!
I was just trying to end what I perceved as an insult toward a member of our community. still, though, I don't think that Ms. O'Hara-Keeton should be called a "silly moo" behind her back.
Sorry for the misunderstanding,
David

PS-Geoff, let's see that ad!

Tracy Smith

Apr 20, 2012
South Carolina USA
Actually, I'd like to discuss her book, "Hands off the Titanic (and the Californian)" with her. This book has handwriting samples of several of those involved in the Titanic incident and she analyzes each sample.

Apr 7, 2001
Fiona,

My first question to put to you is, How do you know that Jason is referring to Monica here? Are you in personal contact with Jason?

It does not matter whether Jason was referring to me or to Monica, as I discerned from the likes of his post that he considers all reincarnationers to be "silly moos." But again, I am not offended by this one way or another. I hold no judgement against him.

Teri

Apr 7, 2001
David,

It is good that you (and the others) would defend my respectability with this Board. I am deeply moved by your thoughtfulness and I don't think you need to apologize to anyone here because no bad feelings have been generated, especially on my part. My hat is off to you, my friend!!!

For the record, my site also has the same disclaimer statements Fiona mentioned in her post above.

Yours,

Teri

P.S. I've got to get Senan's book!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apr 7, 2001
Tracy,

Senan presented his book to you personally? How fortunate you are!!!! Did you get to meet up with Senan at one of the Historical Society Conventions or something?

Teri

Apr 7, 2001
Tracy,

I don't suppose Senan would be interested in flying way over here to L.A. next month for the informal Queen Mary Luncheon now, would he? He seems like a very respectable and sociable chap. Yes I would like very much to meet him.

And do you happen to have any photos you could post or email to me of the meeting in South Carolina? I would love to see them, just wish I could have attended too. I can't wait for my informal gathering next month. I don't know all of the attendees who will be there, but I look forward to meeting whoever attends.

Sincerely,

Teri

Mark Baber

Dec 29, 2000
Further to what Dave Gittins wrote on 16 June, The New York Times ran several articles about Titanic and her imminent arrival in New York between 10 and 14 April, none of which referred to safety or unsinkability in any way. Nor were there any such references in the articles run on 15 April, after the collision was known, but before the sinking was.

Further to what Geoff Whitfield wrote the next day, the ads run by IMM in The New York Times in the week before 15 April referred to Olympic and Titanic's size and amenities, but not their safety.

MAB

Apr 7, 2001
Mark,

Thanks for the confirmed info on the ads run by IMM in the New York Times but I am sure and there's got to be other ads run elsewhere in which referred to Titanic's unsinkability. Unfortunately I am not an avid researcher, just an enthusiast so it would be up to yourself and the other notable avid Titanic researchers to be able to locate this information.

Sincerely,

Teri Milch

Dec 8, 2000
G'day David - No worries, mate - I agree with you, which is why I posted in defence of Ms O'Hara-Keeton in the first place.
==================================================

G'day again Tracy - yes, wouldn't it be great to have the opportunity to discuss that book with her. A very different perspective, indeed. From the little I know of her and her work, I think she'd be an interesting correspondent, irrespective of differences of opinion. At least you've been able to read the 'Hands' book, which is more than I can say - would you be interested in posting more about the book in its own thread?

Hello Teri - I'm not sure I understand your points.

A UK member of this board made a pejorative comment about a woman with a past life memory of dying on Titanic, and that this memory post-dated Cameron's film. Even in hindsight, I think my conclusion fair, but no, I haven't been conversing with Jason in way, shape or form. You're quite right: perhaps he wasn't referring to her at all. Perhaps I have been too quick to rush to Ms O'Hara-Keeton's defence, but I don't seem to be alone in taking exception to the comment. Whatever the case, he most certainly wasn't referring to you, although I can understand why you were so upset.

More disturbing to me is that you seem to have taken offence to my defence of Ms O'Hara-Keeton. I stand by my comment: criticism of her published work is fair game, but disagreeing with her work is no reason for recourse to gender based vilification. Of course others are fully entitled to their beliefs that she can cop everything coming, but surely we can agree to disagree without resorting to personal, gender based invective? I do hope this is not a case that some people with past life memories are more equal than others.

However, you also seem to be agreeing with me. Heavens! Hence my bemusement. Over to you...

(Also, have you had a chance to check the thread on the SC St Patrick's Day gathering? I'm sure I remember someone posting photos.)

G'day Mark - Thanks for that information! So while it's still 'not proven', the spate of recent research into newspaper archives there and in the UK makes it look more and more unlikely.

Geoff - if you're still about, any news on that newspaper ad and the date?

Finally, given the degree of 'slamming' that has occurred over this thread, perhaps we owe a collective apology to Jason Smith. How about we wipe the slate clean and all move on with a clear conscience? (Hello Jason - if you're still out there -please accept my apologies. See you on another thread.)

As many have already posted, this is getting needlessly heated - particularly for people who seem to be agreeing. Time for a nice cup of tea and a good lie down all around.

Bye,
Fiona

Apr 7, 2001
I was genuinely impressed with your deference to me in your post. Thank you very kindly for that, Fiona. Thank you very kindly. I highly respect you in return.
proud.gif
proud.gif
proud.gif

I see now that your conclusion to who Jason was referring to is fair game to the point of argument's sake. The reason you don't seem to be alone in taking exception to the comment is because no one else has offered any other woman who has claimed a past life aboard the great liner to whom Jason may be referring. Nonetheless, your offer of O'Hara seems best served for the time being. We'll let that rest where it is.

You are correct and keen for spotting the point that I had taken offense to your defense of Ms. O'Hara-Keeton but I was willing to let that pass for some reason probably because you don't post to me often. But now that you've mentioned it I will admit to my offense. It's not a large offense, well okay, maybe it is, but whatever the case, I'm easily appeased in the matter.

As far as gender based invective goes my own personal opinion on the matter is that everyone has a right to express their opinion and reviews on published works whether it be gender-based or not but ~ ~ not everyone has the right to splash an invective against a respected Board Member here on the Board. And since Jason was truly not splashing his invective towards me, I take no offense in the matter at all. But just for the record, I wouldn't have taken offense to his invective anyways, as I have learned not to cast judgement upon those that don't believe in the same things as I do. (I can thank my friends here for that.)

I was agreeing with you on your mention of O'Hara's disclaimer because mine reads almost identical: "Ordinarily, a disclaimer is supposed to present all arguments for the sake of arguments. However, this disclaimer on this website is distinctive in that I do not present any arguments for discussion. I do not claim anything here. I have only presented the memories that have surfaced from long ago in 1912. It is up to the reader to decide if the memories presented are of any value. " - - Teri Milch's disclaimer

P.S. It was very nice talking with you Fiona and I will be SURE to check the thread on the SC St Patrick's Day gathering for posted photos. Could you steer me in the direction of the correct thread name?

Yours Sincerely,

Teri

Tracy Smith

Apr 20, 2012
South Carolina USA
Fiona,
Unfortunately, I do not have an entire copy of Ms O'Hara-Keeton's book. A board member here was kind enough to share the chapter on Stanley Lord with me.

I would very much like to have a copy of the entire book, though.

W

wendi parker

To anyone who has read Ms O'Hara-keeton's book how is it?
I was searching an online bookstore about Titanic books and it was one of the ones that was offered on there. I was very interested in it!
I hope to add it to my small collection of books along with Senan's Irish Aboard Titanic... and
The one about Women and Children First, that was a good one.

thank you,

wendi
happy.gif