UPCOMING Sale of TITANIC Artifacts

John Clifford

Nov 12, 2000
Okay.
This sounds more like the details of the failed plot to kidnap our illustrious Site Administrator, and the demand that the ransom amount be the cash value of the Titanic Artifacts. This way the "Partners In Crime" could make bids on the items.

Now, though, at least one of the Moderators won't be notified by the Toronto branch of Peuchen Allison Bank (based in Ottawa), "Sorry, but that check will leave your account more than slightly overdrawn!!".

Jim Kalafus

Dec 3, 2000
I have the gun: that makes me right. That is the nature of power, John. Where do you think I came up with $6,000,000.00? An overdraft at a drive-thru bank?

Bonus points if you get the reference. ANTR and POSEIDON tie-in.

John Clifford

Nov 12, 2000
quote:

Be glad, very glad, we werent sparring in Seuss.
No, Jim, that will be left for the questions about the Auction,
such as:

"Are you going there, on a train? Will you be traveling in the rain?"

"Will you be staying in a house? Will you be staying with a mouse?"

and

"Will you be there in a box? Will you be there with a fox?"

BTW, the rumors are false: they won't be serving Green Eggs and Ham.​

Jan 29, 2001
Heard it first on 10:00 Bay area news with Julie Haner..."Own a piece of the Titanic". The April 100th anniversy of the sinking of the Titanic will be hosted by an auction of 5,000 artifacts recovered from the wreck of the Titanic, including the "Big piece". Estimated to be worth 6.5 million dollars. Many of us here new this day was enevitable after a decade of non/pro salvage debates.

Just coincidence I finally obtained a copy of "Les Objects Du Titanic" same day as yesterday's news cast.

Michael Cundiff
NV, USA

Jan 29, 2001
Addendum: NPR web-site announced the event with one stipulation...the collection as a whole 5,000 piece to one bidder...estimated at $189,000,000 My hope is the Belfast museum for permanent housing. I just want a single copy of the Auction catalog :)

Michael Cundiff
NV, USA

Jan 29, 2001
As for the TITANIC artifacts, just yesterday I learned that Gursneys Auction house is including, of the eight expeditions to the wreck, video of the dives, 3-D images, and the most comprehensive survey of the wrecksite to date. Oh what I would give just for the video alone?

Michael Cundiff
NV, USA

John Clifford

Nov 12, 2000
So has the "Standart-Baber Foundation" been officially organized so that we can put together a bid for the items???
smile.gif

Sorry, M.B., but "Baber-Standart" could create a certain misconception, if initials are utilized.
wink.gif

Just note: if it is supposed to be about 200 of us, contributing equally, I admit to being $998,000 short of $1M.
sad.gif

BTW, I can vouch for the credibility, and likability, of the "Foundation's" proposed "Eastern Canada Contact".
grin.gif

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>So has the "Standart-Baber Foundation" been officially organized so that we can put together a bid for the items??? <<

'Fraid not. I tried to get my goons to use their usual means of blackmail, extortion, death threats, and contract hits "creative financing" to raise the money but even they couldn't pull it off.

Sorry.