Upgrade of TITANIC model Vietnam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 10, 1999
Of late I have been adding greater (realistic) features to my 32" wooden TITANIC model made in Vietnam. I have added a 1/8" gold band, custom made pinstriping, for the hull area where TITANIC sported her 12 " band. I removed the brown stained wing bridges, flattened them and painted them white, also added...NOTICE This Vessel Has Triple Screws Keep Clear Of Blades in all three approriate areas of the poop railings. But, best of all I added 16 persons, three which resembled crew (One in compass platform), and thirteen more which resemble Victorian era people, in fact some steerage! These figures were of HO train scale...however I had to remove the legs of some of the figures.

So at every offering my 32" TITANIC model is becoming so much more accurate.

BTW...two weeks back I had the hardware removed from my arm, after whereing it a year. It happened to be titanium...same material as NAUTILE's sphere...:)

Michael Cundiff
NV, USA

[Moderator's Note: This message, originally in a different topic, has been moved to this topic addressing the same subject. MAB]

Jun 10, 1999
ADDENDUM: I also used cut toothpicks, painted brown to simulate the trim on the roof of the bridge wings. Next, some white paint work will need to be applied to the lifeboats. I have a day trip planned to a Reno, NV hobby shop to attempt and locate green and red lights to mount on the bridge wings...perhaps a scale tugboat would be nice as well!

Michael Cundiff
NV, USA

Jun 10, 1999
I have of yet to aquire a digital camera (Waiting on an insurance claim) but I will attempt to have my Mother photograph the model and forward it to the list. What's neat is a family of three, the daughter is poised on the step down to the stern well deck area, as her folks are looking over the nearby railing. The HO train scale figuers are ideal for placement on-board TITANIC!

Michael Cundiff
NV, USA

Status
Not open for further replies.