Upload Your Personal Exhibit Photos Here On This Thread

Apr 7, 2001
To All ET Members,

Here on ET I read postings about how great the Titanic exhibits are at various locations, but I do not get to see the photos that go with the postings. Please if you have any personal photos from a Titanic exhibit you attended place them here on this thread so that others can share them with you!

I will be placing my own photo from the Titanic exhibit in Las Vegas Nevada very soon. It is not in uploadable form yet so please be patient.

Sincerely Yours,

Teri

C

Christine Geyer

Hi Teri,

that's a great idea but talking about the Hamburg exhibition they almost crept into my bag to make sure I don't take a camera inside, so all I have are the pictures of the outside of the building where the exhibition took place and the dozens of people waiting outside.

Nevertheless I would like to share that with all of you, BUT how do I upload them on the board at all ???? Help
happy.gif

Many regards
Christine

Apr 7, 2001
Christine,

I believe you insert the html tag \image when posting and then the system prompts you for your image. Please click on the Formatting link located in the left pane of this site. There you will find more precise instructions. Good luck! I look forward to seeing your pictures!

Teri

Jan 5, 2001
today I was in the exhibit of the titanic in Buenos Aires, I saw variuos objects of the expedition 2000 (Hat, letter, ink , postage stamp, postcards(intacts). I have something pic taked for me of the exhibit (for example pic of a handbag, clothes,rings, etc). If you want , I send you the pics. And other question, the flag of the Stern of the titanic was the flag of white star line or the flag of England.

Apr 7, 2001
Dear Sandro,

I sent you a private email requesting the photos you have.

As far as the Flag on the stern of the ship I believe it was the flag of the White Star Line logo.

Hey guys - - Michael and/or Addison will you vouch that I am right about the flag here?

Teri
http://www.bruceismay.com

Remco Hillen

Jan 6, 2001
Hello Teri,

I hope you don't mind me jumping in here about the flag.
Titanic flew the British Blue Ensign from the flag staff at the stern, it looks like the Australian flag without the stars.
Usually a British liner would fly the Red Ensign, but as Capt. Smith was part of the Royal Navy Reserve they could fly the Blue Ensign.

The White Star Line flag was present at the main mast, the aft one.
The flag flown at the fore mast was the one of the country of destination, so Titanic had the USA one there.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Remco

C

Christine Geyer

Ok, so I'll take the pictures with me to work and scan them in there (don't have an own scanner). Then I'll try to post them. As for now Thanks for the technical tip and I hope I'll manage
happy.gif

Jan 29, 2001
Hello:

This thread has garnered my interest...for it was my understanding photographs were not allowed to be taken at the Titanic artifact exhibitions.

What gives?

Michael Cundiff
Carson City, NV

C

Corey Ann Doyle Cowan

Nope - they aren't.

When I went to the Chicago Exhibit there were "helpers" everywhere. At Cincy there were NONE. Almost everyone was taking snapshots. I turned my flash off so that's why some of the pics are blurry. I think the lighting on the artifacts contributed to that.

One of the girls I was with couldn't get her flash to turn off but she still took pictures.

People were videotaping and everything in there...

May 12, 2005
Dear "Vision in Green",

Teri, do I see green satin and velvet and white lace? I do believe I do. Is that you my dear under all that?

If so, are you quite sure you are not the reincarnation of one of the 1st class beauties rather than dear old Bruce?

I approve most heartily of your gown and chapeau madame. This sort of costume would be what was technically called a "reception gown," suitable for a formal luncheon or tea or perhaps a gallery opening. I think, however, that our Miss Milch is going to attend a seance in the stateroom of W.T. Stead.

Now, Phil, you must show the bottom half of this picture so Shell and I can see the fall of the skirt. P-l-e-a-s-e?

Randy

PS) Teri, the ribbing here is gentle. I mean no harm. Great photo. Post more please!

Apr 7, 2001
Randy,

Gosh I am so sorry to have to tell you and Shell this but Phil did not trim any portion of my picture. The photo online here is presented precisely as it was taken in September 2000, with no editing whatsoever. I promise that the next time I go to this exhibit I will be sure to take more photos and take some photos which show the bottom portions of dresses. I also deeply regret to inform you that this is the ONLY picture I took at this exhibit. At the time this photo was taken Titanic hadn't engulfed me like it has today and therefore I did not prepare to spend as much money on photos as I might have done today...

Yes Randy that is me underneath all of that fluff and lace and no, I am not one of the 1st Class Ladies reincarnated! I am J. Bruce Ismay reincarnated. There is no mistake about this, I assure you. Sorry for any disappointment there.

I thoroughly enjoyed your depiction of what this type of dress would be worn for, I was unaware of this fact. But I am wondering why you imagined I would attend a seance in the stateroom of W.T. Stead???

Thanks for all of the compliments but I was expecting a gallant proclamtion of how nice a job the Rio Suite & Hotel did of the re-creation of the First Class Staircase. Interesting that you presented a different assessment of the photo. I fully understand why though, after re-reading your profile. Your profile details your interest in Fashion. So no offense taken in the ribbing here.

Yours Truly,

Teri

P.S. Phil, Randy brought up the subject of reincarnation, not me!!!!! Kill him, not me!!!!

May 12, 2005
Teri,

The Stead crack I thought would be obvious. He was famously a believer in the "occult," primarily spiritualism, but I'm sure reincarnation wasn't far afield in his repertoire.

He was a brilliant, sought-after journalist-philosopher-politician and all 'round bonafide, loveable weirdo. He's one of my favorite people to read about. I doubt whether Bruce, being utterly conventional, ever hobnobbed with the controversial and fascinating Mr. Stead. Pity, huh?

Randy

Apr 7, 2001
Randy,

I had a good idea about Stead, but I wanted to make sure that was what you meant by it.

Bruce and Mr. Stead were of different kinds to be sure, but it might have made for an arresting conversation piece indeed, if they had hobnobbed together at all...

Teri

M

Marilyn Burgess

Hi all:

I have some pics from the Titanic Grave Site in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. Guess you cant get any more authentic than that.

Anyone interested, please email me.

Marilyn

M

Marilyn Burgess

This is a picture of the gravesite in Halifax \image attachment