Upon arrival in dubai

ash briers

May 1, 2008
hi, i just thought i'd let everyone know that my dad knows a mate in Dubai and has asked him to take some pictures of the QE2's arrival as she sails for the last time, my dad's friend said no problem and actually knows a person working on the project, so hopefully i'll be able to share these with you

E

Ellen Grace Butland

Yes, please, I will be interested to see them, many thanks

John Clifford

Nov 12, 2000
Please, also, if it can be done: pictures of the ship during its remodeling/renovation.

I will probably also be curious to see the ship on the new owners' website once it is ready to receive guests, visitors, and program/convention attendees.

Like Jim, I cannot see myself ever going to Dubai, for both socio-political and economic reasons. I am grateful I had the chance to sail on the QE2, in August.

However, it will be interesting to see what QE2 will look like, in her new life in Dubai.

ash briers

May 1, 2008
ok, my dads mate has the photos, he just has to send them, so i don't know how long that'll be...

E

Ellen Grace Butland

I await, with morbid interest, can your Dad's mate give us a update from time to time, even a letter giving details of the work done would suffice.

ash briers

May 1, 2008
well, i don't know about that, the reason i'm saying he's got the photos so late is because he is moving to sudan and is quite busy, but we should get the photos soon.