Very sad to hear Bill MacQuitty has died

G

Guest (R17)

Very sad to hear Bill MacQuitty has died. I was going to ask about how he was doing these days until I read in the Titanic Commutator that he had passed away. Last time I saw him must have been on tv about 10 years ago & he was very good for his age !

Has James Cameron paid any tribute ? After all his film minus the Jack and Rose Love story and the better special affects was in my opinion a remake in so many ways only with a lot more dosh ! I wonder if Cameron gave any sort acknowledgement to 'A Night To Remember' ever since he did his film ???

G

Guest (R17)

That's nice ! Each film has there good points. But Cameron owes a lot to 'A Night To Remember' I think :)

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
James Cameron would be the first to agree with you, Miles. In one of his Christmas cards to Bill was the message: Allow me to take this opportunity to express my thanks, as your vision to create the film 'A Night to Remember' has had a ripple effect through modern culture, manifesting itself most recently in my own film 'Titanic', inspired in part by your film. You have my gratitude and best wishes.