Vintage Titanic disaster tribute songs and current availability thereof

Feb 14, 2011
I noticed there is a cd box set available on Amazon that contains vintage recordings of disaster themed songs, which is called:

"People Take Warning- Murder Ballads and Disaster Songs"

It contains several Titanic songs, yet oddly no Lusitania songs...This brings to mind- does anyone have the exact number of Titanic tribute songs that were recorded?
In addition to the ones on this box set, are any available online as MP3s?

I'd love to find the original RMS Republic tribute song 'Jack Binns', but all I can find is a modern rerecording therof...Where can I find a recording of the original?

Will C. White

Apr 18, 2007
Tarn-The trick would be if an original still exists; what you're after may be on an Edison cylinder, or perhaps 1st generation platter, which I think is a 16RPM. Good luck-I love that old original stuff. WILL

Feb 14, 2011
Hi Will
I see the original phonograph records pop up on Ebay- but I'm wondering if they are available online via mp3 recordings. For example, Im a big fan of classic radio dramas from the 1940s and 50s, and get most of those as mp3s online- I'm on a quest to find out if the old Titanic songs are available on mp3s as well...

Mar 15, 2001
I love anything related to music concerning the Titanic. Over the years, I have started collecting sheetmusic of songs that were played on the Titanic plus the memorial songs that were produced after the disaster. I have an Edison cylinder record of the song 'The Sinking Of the Titanic" that I picked up at an antique shop for only $10.00.