Volunteer for Titanic The Artifact Exhibit at the California Science Center

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dena Abramson Babb

The most magnificent ship, a most spectacular discovery… now a most unforgettable experience. Experience the legend in Titanic: The Artifact Exhibit, presented by energy company BP at the California Science Center, February 9—September 1, 2003. Witness a dramatic presentation of hundreds of authentic artifacts recovered from Titanic's wreck site. Feel the impact as you share the compelling stories of her passengers and crew. Stroll through dramatic room re-creations of the ship’s luxurious accommodations and come face-to-face with a 15-ton piece of the ship’s outer hull. Titanic: The Artifact Exhibit is a production of Clear Channel Exhibitions, in association with RMS Titanic, Inc.

We are looking for Volunteers to join our crew for this once in a lifetime experience. Individuals 14 and older are invited to assist in a variety of areas ranging from helping guests "board" the exhibit to providing exhibit interpretation. No prior experience is necessary - full training will be provided beginning in January 2003. We offer flexible scheduling and fantastic benefits including free previews of the exhibit, free IMAX movies, free parking, restaurant and gift ship discounts and much more.

The California Science Center is located in the Exposition Park area of Los Angeles, CA. For more information about this opportunity please email [email protected]

May 8, 2001
UH OH!
grin.gif
My daughter will be 14 in 2 days......

Jan 7, 2002
Its quite an experince! Having worked full time at the Titanic exhibits in Boston, St Paul, Toronto,Chicago and Dallas, let me assure you working at a Titanic exhibit is indeed a dream come true for any Titanic enthusiast. Imagine that your 9-5 job is working around Titanic artifacts and discussing Titanic with other enthusisats.

As an alumni of the Titanic exhibition experince, I can guarentee it will be an amazing experince.
Be it greeting the newly arrived Big Piece at the Boston exhibit or helping to sound the whistles during the St Paul exhibit, i had Titanic opportunities I would have never experinced had i not worked at the exhibits.

Tarn Stephanos

Jun 10, 1999
Alas an exhibition in reach. . . however I am not the personifying type for working such an show, much to shy. As a matter of fact, during an interview for the local paper, I was overcome with emotion, on relating the plight of the steerage class aboard TITANIC :-(

My family acted in representation for myself at the QUEEN MARY exhibition (TITANIC artifacts).

My older Sister whom hails from Irvin, CA, was to remark..."It looks as tho everything on display was torn from the ship?".

"Yes Sherryl (My Sister), and it was a natural subsequent means of unfortunate event which resulted in such."

G'Night
"Robin"
USA

Jan 7, 2002
Hard to believe its been over 2 years since my last Titanic exhibit; the one in Dallas 2000- a day doesnt go by when i dont think about the exhibits- It was indeed a time to remember.

Tarn Stephanos

Jan 7, 2002
Since this museum has an IMAX theatre, i suspect once the cameron IMAX Titanic film comes out, this will be a shoulder room only event...

regards

Tarn Stephanos

Jan 7, 2002
Since this museum has an IMAX theatre, i suspect once the cameron IMAX Titanic film comes out, this will be a shoulder room only event...

regards

Tarn Stephanos

Don Tweed

May 5, 2002
I would really like to attend, and have the time coming to do so.
I sent my message and hope to be there, as a guest or friend.
-Don

R

Ryan Sullivan

Does anyone know when the exhibit is coming back to boston? I went to it the first time it was here but that must have been 3 or 4 years ago

thanks,

ryan

Jan 7, 2002
Good question Ryan!

The June-Nov 1998 Boston Titanic exhibit was the first one i worked, and my favorite. Sure it was in a marquis tent, but what other exhibit can boast having had 2 research ships from the wrecksite dock accross the street, and the Big Piece arriving straight from the wrecksite and immediatly put on display?

With the unending 'Big Dig" construction project claiming the waterfront in Boston, i dont think there would be any available venue to exhibit the artifacts for a few years..But Id love the see the Big Piece back in Boston in 2008, to mark the 10th anniversary of its arrival in my home town.....

regards

Tarn Stephanos

Status
Not open for further replies.