Vote The greatest Titanic film of all time

Joshua Gulch

Mar 31, 2001
Dan,
He took off that way, in the direction of the afternoon wind. He was raving mad and babbling something about Colby and Tina, and how he wanted Jeff Probst's head on a golden platter with rigatoni noodles. He's nuttier than a fruitcake.

Cable service with Fox-Family: $50.00
One video tape: $1.50
Pepsi: $2.50
Opening montage of Britannic's launch: Priceless
The rest of the movie: -$54.00

Oy.

Josh.

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
Dan, I'm right over here in South Carolina. Fire away! Put me out of my misery befor the Titanic-Survivor cross over is produced.

Waitaminute!!!!!!!!! Let's get the blokes who would consider producing such a thing instead. Save everybody a lot of suffering and protect the integrity of the human gene pool at the same time!
proud.gif

Seriously, "Britannic" was as cheesy as they came. I thought the submarine following the Britannic to the Aegean while submerged and keeping up was bad enough...but the lady hero of the story hopping in the sack with the bad guy and getting it on....when she was already sure he was the bad guy...gimme a break! About all that saved this turkey were the computer graphics of the ship. It was about the only redeeming virtue this flick had.

Cordially,
Michael H. Standart

May 5, 2001
Really man! Did you even see Britannic?! The miniseries at least had some things going for it!

Greetings Josh ("Nice Guy" persona removed), YEAH?, like what?....Tim Curry's rape scene?, the fact that it was 2 hours longer than "Britannic"?.......what? what? what?

Grant you, Britannic was no Gem either, I taped it, I felt the opening scenes of the real ship were cool, I am not up to speed on which version of The Britannic's demise we should believe or for that matter, is true....do we know for sure it was a torpedo or was it a mine?

Enlighten me please.............Enquiring minds want to know.................I WANNA KNOW!

Cordially yours,
Bill

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>do we know for sure it was a torpedo or was it a mine?<<

I would have to say that this is a bit controversial, (We've certainly debated the question here.) though I'm inclined to believe the ship parked on a mine. The U-boat seen operating in the area was a dedicated minelayer, and I can't see any submarine turning back into a minefield it had sown. They might find one of their own...the hard way!

Cordially,
Michael H. Standart

Joshua Gulch

Mar 31, 2001
Gee Bill,
I didn't mean anything by it. It's just my opinion, and I know that other feel differently about it.

Titanic, while being of excessive length and having a totally unnecessary rape scene, at least had one character true to history! Not one single character in Britannic is real. They're all ficticous!

I'm sorry, but "Captain Barrett" just isn't Captain Bartlet.

Titanic at least kept true to history on most things. Britannic wavered too far off for my tastes:
No real characters, the kids running around, the sub chase, the first officer destroying the torpedo with a deck gun (especially as Britannic didn't even carry guns, being a hospital ship and all!), the female spy getting it on with the German saboteur who eventually blows up the ship, the lifeboats being dragged into the props along the starboard side and the second boat containing only our bad guy.

"That's the bravest man I've ever seen." Gimme a break!

I just think that the miniseries was the superior film of the two.

Returning to the original intent of this thread, given the Titanic miniseries and Britannic, which one does everyone prefer?

Josh.

May 5, 2001
I didn't mean anything by it. It's just my opinion, and I know that other feel differently about it.

Hello Josh, did I give you the opinion I was ANGRY?..........wasn't meant to, I was kinda acting like a tough guy so you'd be ascared!

Well if I had to choose, I'd take the mini series, (while holding my nose shut) but only because of the eye appeal of Catherine Zeta-Jones.

Hells Belles Mike, she looks good in ANYTHING she does....

Regards,
Bill

Joshua Gulch

Mar 31, 2001
Bill,
I knew you were messin' with my head again man. Don't worry about it.

I just like griping about "Britannic," by the way.

:)

P.S. You had me shakin' in my booties.

Josh.

May 5, 2001
You had me shakin' in my booties.

Evenin' Josh.......If you need a pair, I'll have the Mrs. Crochete you some..

Regards,
Bill

P.S. Someone on Ebay was auctioning off a '79 Entext Titanic.....the highest bid at 5:00 Saturday night was like $21.50.

A

Andrew Williams

DAMIT! I'm always missng out on something with the Board Members!

Your want VOTES for the best Titanic Movie?

My choice has to be..........A Night To Remember!
I saw this film on Boxing Day 1966. There how about that!

Regards-Andrew W.

Teri Lynn Milch

Apr 7, 2001
Sam,

Yuk! Not my idea of dying! Poor guy... But he sure had a nice career in movies, what a list of credits!

Teri

Sam Brannigan

Feb 24, 2007
Hi Teri,

Did you check out what happened to the guy who played Joughin - not nearly as lucky as the character he played in ANTR.

Regards

Sam

Teri Lynn Milch

Apr 7, 2001
Sam,

No, I didn't. But I will. And I'll let my friend know about this too, as she is very much interested in Joughin.

Teri

May 8, 2001
TRIVIA........... The narrator of the A&E special Death of a Dream is the same guy who played Harold Bride in a Night to Remember. David McCullum. Bernard Fox also was Fleet in ANTR and was Archibald Gracie in Titanic.
This site that you credited (IMDB) is one of my favorites for movie star trivia. If you scroll to the bottom, and put in a particular city, it will show the movies that were made there. A great surprise to me was that a small part of Gone With The Wind was made in Big Bear.
Colleen

Teri Lynn Milch

Apr 7, 2001
Sam,

Well Well Well!!! The actor who played Joughin was born in Bicester, Oxfordshire, England, UK! And he died by a "road accident"? Does this mean car accident or what. Kept clicking and couldn't find more details on this "road accident." It must be that I'm too hungry for food right now!!!

Teri

Pat Cook

Apr 27, 2000
Hi Sam. George Rose died in a road accident? I had no idea. He was such a wonderful character actor; I believe the last thing I saw him in was the movie version of "Pirates of Penzance".

Warmest regards,
Cook

Teri Lynn Milch

Apr 7, 2001
Sam,

Possibly murder? Where did you read that? I did not see anything to that effect on the page. Did I miss a link or two?

Teri