W. Hodges

Jane55

Aug 20, 2020
Hi, I'm trying to find any information about W. Hodges who was a Fireman / Stoker on the Titanic. One of my ex-inlaws has been doing the genealogy for the Hodges family and they have said that one of their ancestors was a fireman on the ship. I don't speak to ex-inlaws very often but last time I spoke to ex-SIL (her husband was doing the genealogy but has since died) a couple of months ago, the story she gave me was that he survived the sinking but would never speak about it again. Well, according to various records that I've seen, neither of the 2 Hodges on board (one was a 2nd class passenger) survived and W. Hodges was 'Lost At Sea'. I could just print these records off and show her for proof but I would like to find more if I can. So, I have a couple of questions. Is there a list of families that have claimed from the Titanic Relief Fund that I can access? Also, is it possible that anyone from the Titanic was recorded as lost/missing but turn up later alive? I haven't seen my ex-SIL's records so I'm not sure what she has or where she got the story from. W. Hodges is shown as living at 6 Brittania Rd, Southampton, but looking at the 1911 census there were no Hodges there at that time. Any information or ideas of where else I could look would be most appreciated.

Jane55

Aug 20, 2020
Is there a reason my post was moved from Crew Research? Unfortunately, the bio doesn't tell me anything I don't already know, but thanks anyway.