Wade Sisson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wade Sisson

Apr 13, 2001
Greetings, one and all! It is a treat to be a part of this message board, which is a quite extensive provider of Titanic information.
I'm a 31 year old Kansas native who first became fascinated with the Titanic in 1983. I was a sixth-grader then, and when our English teacher set my classmates and I lose in the library, I was drawn to the book "A Night to Remember" with the drawing of a ship heading toward a wall of ice. Like many Titanic students, that book hooked me. It was so superbly written by the dear and now departed Walter Lord. I joined the Titanic Historical Society just before the wreck was discovered in 1985. I was thrilled because I never thought she would be found in my lifetime.
I suddenly had Titanic on the brain! I was drawing the ship every day in classes. I was reading every book I could find. I built a model of the ship. Later I taught classes and volunteered as a tour guide at the exhibition of Titanic artifacts when the exhibit was in Kansas City from April to September of 2001.
Titanic's story is so compelling. It's important to keep her story alive, and I'm glad to be among people who feel the same way.

Rob Ottmers

Jul 21, 1997
Hello Wade,

Welcome to the board. Not sure if you'll remember me but we worked the exhibit in Kansas City together a few times. Did anything ever come of getting together with any of the other volunteers afterwards??

Regards,

Jason D. Tiller

Aug 20, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Hi Wade,

Welcome aboard! This is the best site for all things Titanic.

Hope you enjoy it here!

Best regards,

Jason
happy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.