Walter Lord A Night to Remember passage

J

jaime ryan neeley

in walter lord's a night to remember, it says in one passage that two (or three) ladies who were i believe Third Class passengers wandered off just outside the a la carte restaurant windows. are there windows on the aft wall of the restaurant facing the second class promenade deck?

Dec 6, 2000
Hi Jaime,

I understand that the after wall was solid. That is no windows. However, there was a doorway between the 2nd Class Promenade and the Cafe Parisian, so I wonder if they came up from the after Well Deck and walked forward into the Cafe Parisian. That is the only way that I can see that they can have looked into the Restaurant.

Hope that helps.

Jul 11, 2001
Hmm, if you look at the Olympics Deck plans, early version, the Second class promenade did run along outside the ala carte restaurant. The Cafe Parisian was added post-Titanic on the Olympic. The statement by the ladies was perhaps not even about the Titanic? Anybody else notice that?
Dave

J

jaime ryan neeley

yeah, thanks david and lester. i was just confused that how could there be windows that will show directly into second class space? its either the ladies were hanging from the sides of the ship, huh?!! (",) thanks very much!!! peace out!