Wanted Pendant given to surviving crew

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
You might want to ask if the pin itself is genuine. I'm not aware of any pins being issued to commemorate the sinking. This may well be and probably is one of those trinkets which were churned out by the boxcar full in Pakistan and India back in the '70's.

Any takers for this one?

E

Elissa Wendorf

It probably is very modern, but I like the idea of it. I'm not worried about this one, however, because the seller has advertised it as only a photo of the pin. Thanks for your input, though!

Dec 31, 2003
Hampstead, London
Hello Elissa - Sorry I've only just now seen your reference to the pendant. It fascinated me too - and I'd like to have one also! In my opinion, it is a fine piece of 1912 'mourning jewellery'. It may have been for the "surviving crew" and been made for White Star Line: or been one of the designs worn by 'Society' in the immediate aftermath of the disaster. I've always wished they photographed the reverse side; perhaps it was also a 'pin'! Or bore an inscription. It's possible the metal is platinum - very fashionable just then - or white gold, if it isn't silver. Not a lot of answers! Let's hope a pin turns up. Or two! Don

Kyrila Scully

Apr 15, 2001
South Florida
You can purchase reproductions of the medals issued by Titanic survivors to the crew of the Carpathia on eBay and at the THS website. They were awarded according to rank--bronze to lower ranks, silver to mid-ranks and gold to top ranks. I purchased a gold medal recently on eBay for under $10 and it's very much like the authentic medal. I'm very pleased with it, and perhaps this is something you might enjoy owning also. It's called the Carpathia Medal on eBay. Here's a link to some:
http://cgi.ebay.com/RMS-CARPATHIA-SILVER-MEDAL etc

http://cgi.ebay.com/RMS-CARPATHIA-BRONZE-MEDAL etc.
It's also available in gold, but not currently on eBay, although THS has it year round. Hope this helps.